Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is RH Server the workhorse?

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I'm evaluating HATs for a prospective project and have lots of questions. I know there's a new version of RH coming soon so please feel free to point me in that direction with your reply.

The more I read about RH's TOC, Index, glossary creation, and (especially) the ability to search every webhelp html file ,
I have to wonder - where does all this power come from?? To get this robust search capability (and the Glossary, Index and TOC creation) must I have RH Server also??

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007
Hi. No you don't need RoboHelp Server to get all that "power". It is only needed if you want to deploy you help to a server for your users to access AND to run various reports on what they use, search for, etc. If you want all this "power" but just publish it to a website or intranet you don't need RoboHelp Server. Check out this link for details of the imminent release of RoboHelp 7 and this link for the RoboHelp 7 Server option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No you don't need RoboHelp Server to get all that "power". It is only needed if you want to deploy you help to a server for your users to access AND to run various reports on what they use, search for, etc. If you want all this "power" but just publish it to a website or intranet you don't need RoboHelp Server. Check out this link for details of the imminent release of RoboHelp 7 and this link for the RoboHelp 7 Server option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum - Your explanation cleared up my confusion. I've been looking at so many HATs I'm getting boggled by all the jargon. Those links are good - I had seen those pages before but now I "get" them.
jl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 20, 2007 Oct 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, jlucchesi
Colum is spot on. I would add that if you want to read more about the specific features in RoboHelp Server, take a look at this article on the Developer Network.
Adobe RoboHelp Server 6 improves the feedback loop
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp