• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project toolbar missing/deleted/hidden?

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what I did, I think it might have been an accidental drag-and-drop, but I can no longer see my Project toolbar (the most important one). When I choose View>Toolbars>Project Toolbar, it is checked. I've tried checking and unchecking to no avail. Other things I've tried:

- Creating a new project..toolbar still missing.
- Exiting Robohelp, rebooting, etc.
- Dragging & dropping other toolbars but I can still manage to see them.
- Resizing other toolbars in case it's just hidden/buried.
- Maximizing/Minimizing my screen in hopes of seeing it at the bottom of the Robohelp window.

I have no idea what else to do and this is the toolbar I use most with the Save/Generate/View options. Right now I am having to use the File menu- argh!

Does anyone know what file this toolbar resides in? I am wondering if I could just replace mine w/ a co-workers or something like that.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007
Okay, after pointing me to the proper area of the registry, I was able to fix it. Here's what I ended up doing:

line ProjectToolbar->ToolBarFloating (I changed this from a zero to a one).

And a bonus...for about a month now, the "View Selected Item" icon wasn't working on my Project Toolbar. (Nothing would happen at all when I clicked it.) Well, my PreviewWindowX line was set to a crazy high number (unlike my co-workers), so I changed this to hex 93 to match a co-workers and the feature works ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Amebr posted this in respect of a window. I don't know if you can adapt it for a toolbar by unchecking and then checking the toolbar. Somehow doubt it but as nothing better has come forward.

If the window has just wandered off the screen, you can use the following procedure to snap it to your mouse cursor (and without delving into the registry

Click the View icon, so that the Preview is in focus.
Press Alt, Space, M.
Press any arrow key, then waggle your mouse around. The window should snap from wherever it is hiding onto your cursor.

Click to put it down.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2007 Oct 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I tried the procedure & nothing happened..apparently it only works on missing windows. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask around.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyr moving your Window's Taskbar and see if it lurking under there.

I just grabbed a toolbar and found if you try to move it off screen top, left or right, a bit of it remains visible. But you can hide it below the taskbar! See if that is where the little blighter is hiding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn..no such luck. I even tried hiding my taskbar but no toolbar.. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find that with another toolbar, you cannot completely lose it, a little bit remains showing?

I think in the absence of anyone else coming in with an answer, now is time to go to Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

What version of RoboHelp please? The process varies depending on the version.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 6. When I move other toolbars, I can always seem to see part of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm, I can feel a registry dive coming up.

quote:

Originally posted by: RoboWizard
Hi all

What version of RoboHelp please? The process varies depending on the version.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Sorry for the delay. When I asked what version, I was sitting in the Kansas City airport on a dreadfully slow connection waiting on a flight to Boston. Now I'm settled into my hotel room and can reply. Let's hope the connection is better than a piece of twine between two tin cans, eh?

Okie, dokie. Here goes. And yup, you are right, a registry edit is coming up. So lets all roll up our sleeves and get down to brass tacks, shall we?

Symptom

The toolbar is nowhere to be found, yet a check mark appears and disappears for the toolbar item as it is selected and de-selected. This indicates that the program THINKS it is being made visible and invisible, yet it never displays.

What has happened

I haven't a clue as to how this occurs, but I frequently notice posts about this in the forums. Hence my reply here! Somehow, the screen coordinates for the missing toolbar have become set to your computer's version of Pluto. (I guess the poor lil guy still bears the name. I know they demoted him from planetary status and all) The toolbar is indeed there, as evidenced by the check mark beside the name. However, it's been moved off the visible area of the screen.

How to correct it

Close RoboHelp HTML.

You need to do this because the values we are about to change will be destructively changed once we close RoboHelp HTML and restart.

Open the Windows Registry Editor.
(All standard disclaimers apply. Back up the registry, sacrifice a chicken, all hold hands and pray to the deity of your choice for a week to ten days, yadda yadda yadda)

Navigate to the following HKey in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eHelp\RoboHTML\13\MontereyFrame\

(Trivia time - HKey means "Handle to a Key")

Double click the item labeled ToolBarFloating and ensure the value is set to 1. If it already is, terrific. If not, change it to 1 and click the OK button. It doesn't matter if the option is set to Hex or Decimal.

Double click the item labeled ToolBarFloatingX. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Double click the item labeled ToolBarFloatingY. Make sure the option is set to Decimal and set the value to 50. Then click the OK button.

Close the Windows Registry Editor.

Restart RoboHelp HTML.

The toolbar should now be floating above the RoboHelp HTML application in full view.

Give that a go and see how ya fare. Hopefully it will help a tad... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have the path you specify in the registry (e.g., ehelp), but I do have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHTML\6.00\MontereyFrame\. Assuming this is the correct location, I have two questions:

1. The ToolBarFloating item is set to "0" on all of my co-workers machines & is working fine..should I still change this to a "1?"
2. I do not have a "ToolBarFloatingX" or "ToolBarFloatingY" listed at all.

Note: I do have a "Project Toolbar->ToolBarFloating" & "Project Toolbar->ToolBarVisible". Should I be changing these as it is specifically the Project Toolbar that I am having problems with?

Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Newto,

(Text deleted)
(Never mind. The Preview and Post functions are so slow today that I didn't see the Answer before I started writing.)

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adjusting the monitor resolution to make everything tiny on the desktop?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, after pointing me to the proper area of the registry, I was able to fix it. Here's what I ended up doing:

line ProjectToolbar->ToolBarFloating (I changed this from a zero to a one).

And a bonus...for about a month now, the "View Selected Item" icon wasn't working on my Project Toolbar. (Nothing would happen at all when I clicked it.) Well, my PreviewWindowX line was set to a crazy high number (unlike my co-workers), so I changed this to hex 93 to match a co-workers and the feature works again!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp