Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worlds dumbest questions?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new...sorry in advance...

I have sucessfully imported a powerpoint presention into captivate 2. How do I override the feature that automatically displays each slide in succession - I want my students have to 'click something' before they move on so they have to at least do something!

My playback controls works fine, but I cant see a way to get its fwd/backward functions to override the feature that displays each slide in turn

Im sure its v. obvious, but please....what am I missing????
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007
Hi Rick,

thanks so much for the response. Its worked of course - easy when you know how eh?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi taichi_marty (love the handle)

As you have seen, Captivate doesn't do anything with your PowerPoint to make each slide pause. But this doesn't mean you can't have it!

You can do this a couple of ways. You can insert a Button object or a Click Box object on each slide by clicking Insert > Button or Insert > Click Box. But that could be a bit time consuming. It would be much easier to do this only on the first slide. Position as desired, then select the object and copy it to the clipboard.

Now select all the remaining slides and paste as one operation! voilà!

The default nature of the Click Box or Button objects is to pause the slide until either has been interacted with by the user.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

thanks so much for the response. Its worked of course - easy when you know how eh?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources