• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API Suggestion: More country specific shipping options

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there are any plans to integrate more shipping options. In my case, for Canada.

Canada Post has a developer program here http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/developers/home

and Purolator has developer integration details here http://www.purolator.com/en/resources-and-support/resources/technology-centre/integration-solutions/...?

I see that UPS Service dropdown already includes Standard to Canada service and I assume that's because the system knows the site is in Canada. It would be nice to have some other popular Canadian options, and not be presented with irrelevant options like USPS and Australia Post.

Thanks for the consideration

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your feedback, it’s appreciated. While I can’t guarantee this request will be developed, please keep an eye on the BC Blog and forums for the latest news on upcoming updates, including feature requests such as yours. Our product management team are monitoring a range of channels and speaking with a large group of existing Partners to ensure we’re headed in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the management at BC understand that limiting BC to Australia Post here in Australia will serously reduce the number of Clients we sell BC to?

The number of businesses that use Australia Post in Australia for business to business is extremely low as Australia Post has a 20kg limit and this is for volume too, not just the dead weight, so it does not take much to push the order past the limit.

It vitually makes BC Ecommere module unusable for Australian Business that sell business to business and I can't believe I missed this when I was checking out the system. I assumed user defined was rate and postcode based, but obvously it is flat rate only. Who can I send a message to, to address this issue directly as it is a serious flaw in the BC ecommerce system?

Just as well I found this out before trying to sell this. If my potential clients don't use Australia Post (and most don't, only consumers use this) then they can't use BC. Most other ecommerce packages allow you to add custom freight charges, its one of the most basic fundamentals of ecommerce. you have to have your order delivered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1 for Canada Post integration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope I'm not too late, I've developed several custom shipping options for clients in BC. This involves everything from post code lookups to calculating shipping based on your location and even more advanced things.

The method does not require any redirection to any other site and can be handled 100% on BC servers.

PM me for more information if you are still interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey TheBCMan - that is awesome! Is there an option for Canada Post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done it for Australia Post (as BC gets it wrong sometimes) and quoted for Canada Post but not implemented it yet, wouldn't be an issue if you had a project / budget to get it done, it would be custom work obviously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thanks so much for the quick response! Have a beautiful evening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Shipping API's as a note:

Developer reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info but the new v3 shipping API is only an (automated) extension of what the admin tool and the BC shipping engine as a whole can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have come up with some awesome uses already that are not just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the API v3 is read only on the client side and a BC app can only be interfaced in the admin tool, the only thing you could come up with is something better to calculate weights / prices, perhaps a price importer, but I've already been doing this for 2 years with google chrome extensions and it's limiting to say the least and nothing amazing since everything the API interface does the admin tool could do as well. Sure it will be easier but the BC shipping engine is very limited. At least there are ways around with the SOAP API and perhaps later if the JSON interface comes online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great you have a "SOLUTION" and make a ton of money advising and selling this solution,

but nobody but giant company and developers could even hope to afford it.

If I'm paying as much on my shipping solution as I am for the website, where is the incentive to 'NOT' use something else besides BC that doesn't cost an arm and leg to setup?

Why on earth aren't you building something that can open up your market and BCmarket at the same time?

You have the technical ability to connect to major companies. You obviously have built solutions for more than one of them..

Are there just a ton of people still willing do throw thousands to fix their bad decision in selecting BC for shipping?

I don't get it..  but if you had a solution..

($300 solution sold to 2000 (500,000) people will beat the hell out of 10 custom solutions @ $5000 = $50,000)

It's math.

and

it's the same math that makes it impossible for us to pay for a custom solution

If you build it, I will market it for 5% profits and get somebody else to fix bugs other than you.

once its up and running, buy a boat or something.. quit the hard sell on BC rejects.

AND on the same tip.. why isn't BC doing more for their ecommerce solution in this regard?

They seem to keep HOPING somebody else will solve it for them?

Only problem is if somebody does, they are busy making money on it and not 'sharing' with the community.

Even the APPS have been slow as hell coming out.

If I had any clue how to get from A to B developing them, I would have made about 20 by now.

Sorry i kinda gave away your quote for a custom solutions.. .

And never mind about 'after cost' for custom solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

do tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one would TRULY appreciate CANADA POST being integrated.

Canada Post is actually one of the best postal systems going. And their technology is second to none.

And it's 30million people who all like to ship by Canada Post because it's cheap and reliable.

What's the hold up? It's only been 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines