• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export in html5 with the right language?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I work with office 2010 and adobe presenter 10. When i export my slides in swf, I have the correct language (french), in "Both" option too. But when i tried to export in HTML5 only I loose the french language.

Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

To add to Mayank's response, Presenter will publish with all language's labels but only displays the language that matches your OS's language. So if you are working on a French presentation on a computer where the OS is in English, the English labels will display when you watch the published presentation. You can try viewing it on a computer where the OS is set to french, or, you can make all the English labels in French. Be careful with the second option, as there is no 'restore to default' for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Can you please let me know the OS and the launguage of the OS you are using?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies, the OS is windows 7 PRO (French version), office 2010 in french... BUT I have an ADOBE Presenter (Education version) in English, I think that there's no french version of Adobe Presenter 10 Education. I tried to turn it in french but I don't know how to do it...

Thank you for your question it made me think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Mayank's response, Presenter will publish with all language's labels but only displays the language that matches your OS's language. So if you are working on a French presentation on a computer where the OS is in English, the English labels will display when you watch the published presentation. You can try viewing it on a computer where the OS is set to french, or, you can make all the English labels in French. Be careful with the second option, as there is no 'restore to default' for the text labels, so you'd need to change them all back to English if you didn't want them to stay in French for English OS's for future presentations. The easiest trick for this is to create a copy of the language.xml file and have one that has the original text and one that has your modified text. Whichever one is named language.xml in the folder located at C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Presenter\Themes will be the one that Presenter uses on the published presentation. You can either swap them back and forth or leave them both there, but change the name of the one you don't want to use for that presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it works if I change the language.xml file.

Well Done

Thank you very much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to show my presentation with an English interface independent from the OS system languages in use.

In the Themes/language.xml I copied the English section and overwrite the sections of all other language sections.

After publishing I can view the presentation in English on my German OS.

Will the presentation now show up in all OS systems with an English interface? I have no idea how to test this.

What will happen on OS systems for which no settings are defined in the xml, e.g. Chinese?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The section that starts with:

<language id="cn">

is the Chinese section.

If the OS is in a language that is not on the list, I'm sure it defaults to one of the languages, but I'm not sure which one. If you changed all the language blocks to English, then it will always display in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources