• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best video card for Premiere Pro CC 2015 on a New PC

Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how video cards come and go. Now I'm told that my current Quadro-4000 video card is not necessarily the best for Premiere Pro CC. Does anyone have the ultimate best configuration for Video cards for Premiere?  Please do Share... Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably get some response here ... but still, the best choice is twain ...

Adobe's Hardware Forum ...

https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum

Tweaker's Page ...

http://ppbm7.com/index.php/tweakers-page

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,
Moving to the Hardware forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niel, I searched here for Twain and found nothing. Sorry I don't know what Twain is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oopsies ... being an ol' Lit major, I sometimes idiomize my language too far ... the "twain" is the two choices I listed ... hardware forum & tweaker's page. Um, not obvious, I must admit ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Especially on the Tweaker's Page, there's a lengthy page on current video cards ... they work on balancing systems, noting that the Adobe DVA's only use up to X amount of any one resource ... as it's all relative to what the OTHER hardware resources are. Putting a really hot video card in a system with a two-core CPU at 2.8Ghz and 6Gb RAM and everything, programs & all, on one hard-drive is a total waste of money. The Adobe apps might not even use any of that card if everything else is so limited.

But building a heck of a system with an old v-card with 256Mb of v-ram is also not wise. It's a balancing act. They list quite a number of cards for comparison, and these are in operation in real systems, not from "Oh, the specs on this card are good ... ".

You'll find more info than you might want over there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines