• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete an app?

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've registered several apps during testing and educating new APIs. How then delete some of them that are not required anymore? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

If you want to sell apps you can put them on the app store if you want.

@Alexey - The registrations themselves, got you. That is a bit different. You can delete those at the moment. They just sit there as authenticated keys in BC. If your not deploying an app I would not worry about it.

IF it is an issue you got several you want to remove etc the best option is to contact BC directly and ask if they can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC Apps by design (and requirements) must have uninstallers built into them, there should be an uninstall option in the app. If there isn't the app didn't follow the guidelines to get into the BC app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all Apps out there Rich are deployed to the app store. It is not a requirement that it needs to be on there.

But Rich is 100% correct Alexey that Apps following the BC guidelines etc SHOULD have a tab and option to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought all apps needed to have an app ID and a pre-allowed directory name or was that requirement removed with the beta ending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, and you do that in BC, it is not an app store thing. An app does not have to be in the app store to deploy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But accessing the API (v3) you still need an app ID or will any old app ID work as long as it is valid? ie sharing the one app ID over different apps? Is the documentation out of date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??

Sorry, Confused, nothing is out of date on the documentation.

You register your app with BC, You use that ID and setup, You use the authentication token to access the API.

Have you made and deployed apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have done a few apps, but I just assumed that they would (once completed) need to deployed to the app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam, you're right, i register my app with BC partner portal, i receive id, i use authentication token. But how then UNREGISTER it? I can delete the app directory from the site itself, but it still remains in partner portal. So just to have more clear app list, how to delete/unregister some of them. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to sell apps you can put them on the app store if you want.

@Alexey - The registrations themselves, got you. That is a bit different. You can delete those at the moment. They just sit there as authenticated keys in BC. If your not deploying an app I would not worry about it.

IF it is an issue you got several you want to remove etc the best option is to contact BC directly and ask if they can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That's what i was asking about. I thought that it's a thing of contacting to BC, but always try asking forums first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines