Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter tab does not appear in PowerPoint 2013

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a user who is using a laptop running Windows 7 (64-bit) and Office 2013 (64-bit). I installed Adobe Presenter (64-bit) for him, and it worked well until this week, when the Adobe Presenter tab disappeared.

When I go into the Add-Ins, I see it in the COM Add-Ins. I have removed it, and tried to re-add it, but it told me that the MenuLauncher.dll was not a valid Office add-in. I re installed Presenter, but that did not help.

When I log in to that computer, the Adobe Presenter tabs appears in PowerPoint for both of my profiles (admin, and regular domain user) but not for his profile. Can you tell me what I can do to fix it for this user?

Thanks,
Jen

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new user profile for the user which has the complete admin rights and then try to use the Presenter.

If it still doesn't work then you need to remove it completely from the machine and then reinstall it. You may follow the instructions mentioned below for clean installation.

• Remove the Adobe Presenter and its components from the control panel.
  • Delete the left over files and folders manually. You may check the following locations for left over files and folders.
      • C:\Program Files\Adobe*
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe*
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe*
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared
      • C:\ProgramData\Adobe*
      • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe*
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.*
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe*
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe*
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*
  • Then Create a new user account which has the local admin rights and login to that new user account in Windows.
  • Disable the anti-virus or any firewall security if running.
  • Delete the following windows registry as mentioned below.Before deleting registry please take a backup of all Windows registry.
  • Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  • In Registry Editor, right-click HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Presenter, and then delete the complete Presenter folder..

Disclaimer: The registry contains system-related information that is critical to your computer and applications. Before modifying the registry, be sure to make a backup copy of it. Adobe doesn't provide support for problems that can arise from improperly modifying the registry.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! After checking all these various folders, and deleting any sign of Presenter, as well as the registry (found some extra folders in HKCU that I deleted as well) such as anything I came across that had to do with the Presenter PowerPoint Com Add-in. When I re-installed it, the user said he did have the Adobe Presenter tab. I am so glad this is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources