Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorize a pc

Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't authorize my pc via help-> auth computer on adobe digital Edition.

In a different pc i have authorized it but ADE not start after 2 ebooks downloading.

How I can authorize my pc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Do you receive a specific error message?  Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both winXP and wind 7.

In win XP on VM  I have alrady used but today it will not start.

In win 7 on netbook when I try to activate I obtain this error:

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2013-02-21T12:34:30-08:00%20(1361478870000)%20is%20before%202013-02-21T13:00:03-08:00%20(1361480403088)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kreatore please check the date and time settings and time zone settings on your computer to ensure they are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This activation error occurs when your system date and time is not set properly according to your Time zone.

I have few simple steps to resolve this.

Viz.

1. Re-generate the recent error message.

2. For example,

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate  2013-02-21 T 12:34:30-08:00%20(1361478870000)%20is%20before%202013-02-2 1 T 13:00:03-08:00%20(1361480403088)

3. Observe the term showing, your current date and time is "before" than your exact time zone.

4. If you split the above error message, you will see,

2013-02-21  T  12:34:30         before   2013-02-21  T  13:00:03 which is

(Your Current machine date  is  before  Actual time zone).

5. Set your computer time to the actual time zone.

- re-open the Digital Editions program and try to activate.

Regards,

Yuvraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to change my time and it is still not working, I have spent so much it is completely ridiculous. I would really appreciate assistance. Here is the error  message( E _ ADEPT -REQUEST -EXPIRED http:// adeactive.adobecom 2015-02-15T09:00:26-08-0%20(114240194600)%20%is%20 before%202015-02-16t15:48:33-8:00%222220 1424130513513. I have also read a previous response and change  the time and it is not working.

Please help

Thanks

Lise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you downloaded the acsm and tried to fulfill it, and ADE displayed error message ( E _ ADEPT -REQUEST -EXPIRED ).

If this is the case where you could never open the book since it was downloaded, then:

1. Download the acsm again.

2. Click on the new acsm to download the book.

Hope it works !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What do you mean  by acsm? I just tried to sign again in my adobe dbm and now it says failed authorize device .I am getting more confuse,if you could help I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Lise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to download the book again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have already done this and I am still getting the same error message

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure you system date and time is correct.

Were you able to open the same book previously and after some days you are getting this error or you were never able to open the same book ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I never was able to download this new book I  bought because when I put my Id and password the same error message occurs.I was able to transfer some books because I have a few in the bookself.The first thing I have verified is the time of my tablette and all is good. I have read and followed all the instructions and it still doesn't work since that new book is still not downloaded.

Thans

Liseg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can contact your library and report the issue as it looks like they have set some expiry date for the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines