• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe digital editions keeps trying to install itself,

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, my OS is a fresh install (3 weeks old). At random times during computer use, adobe digital editions attempts to install itself (even though it is already installed) and then multiple error messages spawn saying 'an instance of adobe editions 4.02 installer is already running'. Sometimes this will spawn 20+ error messages even if I immediately hit the cancel button on the installer.

I've gone through my entire computer and deleted every instance of the editions installer exe, checked my startup in msconfig, ran malwarebytes; spybot; security essentials; emptied temporary files; uninstalled digital editions and tried installing using the prompt.

The prompt seems to occur more often after starting my computer up, sometimes I will receive a chain of 3-4 separate instances in the first 5-10 minutes of boot. But the installer does then also randomly occur during regular computer use, even when idle. This is becoming incredibly frustrating as it the installer forces my screen to itself, dragging me out of whatever program i was using at the time.

Any help would be much appreciated, please let me know if I can provide more information in solving this stupid issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Well I found my own solution, it may help you as well. When I got the install error, I opened up task manager and switched over to the 'processes' tab. I selected one of the instances of the error, right clicked and hit 'open file location'.

This took me to the file within my windows user folder, which seemed to be some partially installed temp file. Delete that file (shift+delete) and the stupid problem should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an image of the error occurring:

Imgur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem ever since i installed digital editions.  This is really getting on my nerves.  I've tried everything, but I'm guessing we might have to manually edit a registry value, but I don't want to mess with those unless there is a simpler solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I found my own solution, it may help you as well. When I got the install error, I opened up task manager and switched over to the 'processes' tab. I selected one of the instances of the error, right clicked and hit 'open file location'.

This took me to the file within my windows user folder, which seemed to be some partially installed temp file. Delete that file (shift+delete) and the stupid problem should go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick.  Thanks!  I was getting worried whether this would ever be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, glad I could help out. Such an annoying pop up hey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines