• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I try to download library books I get the error E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried de-authorizing and reauthorizing, and I've tried versions 2, 3, and 4 and still get the same result. I also tried downloading the sample ebooks from the Adobe site and that's not working either, although that gives me a Error! Check Activation message. This problem just came up out of nowhere and I'm really sad about it. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error check activation error can be resolved by de-authorizing and re-authorizing ADE again.

For the error "E_IO_Cannot_Open", try downloading the book again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I've fixed the activation error, but when trying to get an ebook from the sample site I'm now getting "LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR." And I'm still getting the license error (CANNOT_OPEN) when trying to download library books, no matter how many times I de/reauthorize ADE, restart the computer and the program, and try to dl the book from the library website.

Thanks for any additional advice!

Edit, a few days later - still experiencing the problem, no matter how many times I try to download the library book I get the same error. Any ideas? Thanks @shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you de-authorize? and can you tell if your machine is authorized or not?

When I click on deauthorize nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try many times to open but still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we can play games why can not open.And why I need to start again and again and again  .Can you not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you de-authorize? and can you tell if your machine is authorized or not?

When I click on deauthorize nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error, E_IO_Cannot_Open, has been happening to people for years.  Adobe appears to be unconcerned that their reader, designed to give people access to eBooks that use Adobe DRM as protection, does not work well.   Their customer service is really, really bad on this particular issue.

I have been getting this error for a couple of days.  I have deauthorized and reauthorized ADR, uninstalled it and rebooted and tried again, installed earlier versions - no luck.  I have gone so far as to remove it completely, strip our all ADR data in my directories, and edit the registry to remove every single reference to ADR.  After rebooting I reinstalled and activated it.  Did the error go away?  Fat chance.  Barnes and Noble and Amazon need to look for another provider of DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the error "E_IO_Cannot_Open", try downloading the book again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer "Try downloading the book again" is not correct.  That is probably the first thing anyone tries when a download fails, and if it did work then I suspect that they would not even be posting to this forum for help.  If you had read through my full post you would have realized that I tried many possible solutions to the problem, and that none worked.  How would I have known that they did not work without trying to download the book again?

If anyone has actually been able to solve this problem, by themselves or with "help" from Adobe (A joke, right?), then a post here would be greatly appreciated.  BTW - this error is machine specific - I can log in and download the book w/o any issues by using another computer.  My Adobe P/W and ID are valid. (As you can see, since I am able to post here.)  I though that wiping ADE from the registry and from my file system would have removed the problem as well, but it didn't.  And, no, I have not installed anything on the affected computer recently - certainly not at or around the time that the problem appeared.

I also tried installing the Sony reader, but it was no help.  I could go to the library, but the books I tried to download all failed to do so.  And the Nook reader for the PC apparently insists that I hook a Nook to the PC, and I don't have/want one.  I read via Calibre, on the PC.

Thanks for the help, whomever answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines