Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

When i try to open my downloaded ebook ( .acsm) in Digital Editions, i get the error message "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL". And that's it! I read on forums how to solve this problem by deleting the activation.dat file from the Library and download the ebook again. No succes. Also reinstall Digital editions does not solve the problem.

The history of this problem: I bought 2 ebooks ( .pdf & .epub) from bol.com in Holland. Opened them in Digital Editions without any problems. Then my hard drive crashed (no copy of the ebooks, my fault). Downloaded the ebooks again and tried to open them in Digital Editions. That gives me the error message "E_ADEPT_INTERNAL". I'm using Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.2 on a macbook pro.

What else can i do to solve the problem? Is there a discussion i missed explaining how to solve this problem? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao ho avuto lo stesso problema anch'io stamattina...quando ho registrato il mio ID su Adobe ci dev'essere stato qualche problema di connessione al server. Ho anche io due ebooks che non riesco ad aprire...non so proprio come fare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I had no luck in getting advise from Adobe. I could not find any proper instructions on any forum. But i did manage to solve the problem. I might as well share my experience for those who are interested. Important to mention: i had only 2 ebooks with the same error message: "E_ADAPT_INTERNAL". I had no other ebooks on my computer. Another thing to mention is: you can only download the ebook several times (3 times??). This is a trial and error solution that worked for me. It might, might not, work for you.

(Working on MacBook Pro -Retina, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, Digital Editions 4.0)

01. trash the downloaded ebook file (in my case: AdobeAfterEffectsCCClassroomi.acsm)

02. empty trash

03. trash the "activation.dat" file. (library -> application support -> Adobe -> Digital Editions)

04. empty trash.

05. uninstall Adobe Digital Editions by moving it to the trash.

06. empty trash.

07. restart computer

08. clean all cashes (did a deep cleaning with Yosemite Cash Cleaner - Northern Softworks)

09. restart computer

10. install Adobe digital Editions 4.0

11. download the ebook again

12. open the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions

Hope some of you find luck in this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines