• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set relative path for the cross references?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using FDK.

I try to work with cross references and I have problem with path name <XRefSrcFile>. Every time when I set it using by F_ApiSetString, it's set as an absolute path and I need to set it as relative path.

Has anybody any idea how to solve it?

Kate

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Kate,

I cannot duplicate this behavior. When I set XRefFile as an absolute path, then save as MIF, I see a relative path in the MIF. The exception is if I specify an invalid path, then FrameMaker retains the absolute path. I am not sure what else to tell you, beyond this. Are you sure you are setting a valid path to a file?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

In my experience, the path should always be set with an absolute path. Likewise, when you retrieve the property, it comes back as an absolute path. However, if FrameMaker can internally resolve it as a relative path, it does so automatically. So, you should set it as an absolute path, but FrameMaker will internally convert to a relative path if possible.

Does that make sense? I'm not entirely sure what objective you want to achieve.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

XRefFromFM.png

this is .mif output for cross reference, when FM create insert, and the next one is .mif output when is created by us.

XRefMine.png

It is possible to achieve the save of relative path as in first example?

Thanks,

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

I cannot duplicate this behavior. When I set XRefFile as an absolute path, then save as MIF, I see a relative path in the MIF. The exception is if I specify an invalid path, then FrameMaker retains the absolute path. I am not sure what else to tell you, beyond this. Are you sure you are setting a valid path to a file?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Russ,

Thank you for reply, so now I know for sure that mistake is on my side.

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate, Russ is correct, the XRefFile property is set as an absolute path to the target file. As long as both files are on the same drive, FrameMaker will maintain it as a relative path and resolve the cross-references accordingly. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines