• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I try to download a book that I purchased to Adobe Digital Editions I get the error message: Error! Check Activation.

Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am already authorized on this computer. I have never downloaded a book before. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. i posted the same inquiry on a separate thread, along with all the details of my usage. i also can't seem to access it via an ipad. i've spent a day trying to sort this out. it's painful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrible situation! I have tried installing, desinstalling, an older version... every possible combination and can't get rid of the horrible Error Check Activation! And my computer is authorized...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually talked with Adobe technical assistant last night.  We tried all that.. it didn't work.. he then had me download ADE 3.0 followed the same thing.. and still problems.  It finally ended up working when he suggested to download ADE 2.0.  my comp is approx 8 or 9 years old.. maybe that is the reason.. but I have no other issues with it otherwise.. so keeping it ;0) thanks for the input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys I don't work for adobe I am just a student that had the same problem. well I finally just got it fixed. If you guys installed one version of adobe digital and then had to uninstall it and try a different version for example you installed adobe digital 4 and your book didn't download so then you were told to uninstall 4 and try adobe digital 3 instead, so you clicked to uninstall 4 then installed 3 and still got the same error, you probably weren't told that you have to de-authorize or de-activate your computer before you uninstall.

So what you do is open the version of adobe digital that you currently have installed on your computer, when you have it up press shift ctrl and D at the same time. it will bring up a de-activate or (de-authorize) this computer window. click de-activate or (de-authorize) then when it is finished click close to close that window. then uninstall whatever version of adobe digital you have. then go to the adobe digital website again and install adobe digital 3. when it is complete, open adobe digital on your computer and click on the help tab, then click on activate or (authorize)  this computer, it will bring up a window where you will have to put in your adobe id and password after you do that click the activate or (authorize) button at the bottom right hand corner. after that you should be able to download your book.

I hope this helps you I know it was very frustrating for me I spent 4 days going back and forth with 4 different people before I finally got it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, except that it says unable to de-authorize. Please try again later.

Any help anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with being unable to de-authorize and Error! Check Activation.  I have been trying for 2 days now.  This is becoming extremely frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fighting with Adobe for one week... Try an older version. in my case version 2 worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stil doesn't work : I 've done this manipulation (regedit...) and I always have the same problem when I want to create a new autorisation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this as well.

Take another Digital Editions book from another of your computers. Copy it onto a USB stick(the acsm file) and open it on your computer that has Digital Editions 4 installed. Then it will ask for a vendor ID. Put your Adobe ID in and you should be able to download your new book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete activation and device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now authorize ADE again to read books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Shreya , ça fonctionne nickel, par contre j'ai supprimé activation et device pour que la clé soit vraiment désactivée.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download ADE 2.0.  thats what i ended up doing last night.  uninstalled ADE 4.0..  installed ADE 3.0 but that wouldn't work..so under the suggestion of the technical support i then installed ADE 2.0 which works with the ebooks. hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a week fighting with Adobe, installing, deinstalling... I finally managed to read my books in my ebook.... I just installed and older version of adobe digital reader (number 2 in  my case) which proved to be more suitable to my old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines