• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions page navigation issue

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions page navigation issue. We are a large University running OSX and PC as many versions as you can think off including students byo devices ADE versions vary but the issue stays the same

There are certain areas that can gain focus and will "eat" the navigation commands, and it isn't always obvious when those areas have the focus. For instance the text controls for the current page and find. However the worst is probably the book information display in the table of contents.

This does not fix the issue

Intermittent causes to happens if client has switched to another application and back while digital editions is open

I get 30 minutes of reading it, and like clockwork the arrow keys stop working

This is a costly bug and we would appreciate a fix or at the least a work-around.

Dean Johnstone,

IT Support Consultant,

ITS Desktop Support Services 

University of Otago

Email dean.johnstone@otago.ac.nz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Are you facing this issue with all book types (pdf, epub2, epub3) or with one of these book types ?

Please mention the ADE version you are using.

Once we receive more details, we will try to reproduce and fix the issue.

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software is required for temporary downloads of proprietary ebooks that have built in Digital Rights Management (DRM). This mainly affects ebooks the Library purchases from aggregator providers EBL, ebrary and EBSCOHost.

ADE is installed on some academic computers in the Departments, on some staff machines in the Library, with the bulk of use from University users on their personal computers and laptops.

Different versions of ADD will be in use on Campus.

We have tested both ADE 3.0 and 4.0. Ebooks are still downloading correctly and will open in ADE. However, there is no way to move through the book. The navigation tools are still active but do not effect the required movement within the ebook content. By this I mean that the scroll bar moves but the book does not. The table of contents navigation tree can be opened but does not work. Jumping to pages in the bottom tool bar does not work, and neither does using the search functionality

However, we have found that changing the Page View display will move to the required page. So, typing in a page number, hitting enter, then changing the Page View works; as does using the table of contents navigation tree and then changing the Page View

We are facing this issue with all book types (pdf, epub2, epub3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem as listed above. "Page up/down" does not chage the problem, the only way I can toggle through the pages is if I minimize or maximive my window. This is a nightmare and hope there is a solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to contact the vendor of the textbook I had purchased, as they had their own proprietary reader (Emonds).  I wouldn't expect any help from Adobe since these messages have been up here since 2015!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try "Page up" and "Page down" keys for navigation.

let us know, if this addresses your navigation issue.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont you think you should have an option for buttons using to click rather than using page down or page up option so that its easier for usage in tablets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I paid $100 for a text book that is shackled to the horrible reading experience that is ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or was it once possible to use arrow keys and scrolling to navigate pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Nothing works. Not PageUp/PageDown, not the menu options, not the scroll bars, not the mouse or mouse wheel.

This has been a known issue SINCE 2013.

This issue means that I cannot read the book I am required to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue still remains 2021-10-12. Supposed to read a document via ADE for an online course, nobody in my workgroup can navigate the document. 

You can scroll and change pages but the page doesn't update until you resize your page view. 

So if you're like me and searching for a fix, there is none. This problem has existed, apparently, since 2013 and there is still no fix for it.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines