4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2015 8:13 AM by RoninEdits

GTX960 vs GTX750Ti

useru23111898 Level 1

Will I get a significant improvement in performance with GTX960 over GTX750Ti (GTX960 is 40-50% more expensive)? Mainly use Denoiser and Warp filters.

• 1. Re: GTX960 vs GTX750Ti
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

I do not use either of those plug-ins but I doubt they are GPU assisted.  Have you checked with those vendors to see if they use the GPU at all?

• 2. Re: GTX960 vs GTX750Ti
            useru23111898 Level 1

Denoiser II uses OpenCL (shall I consider an AMD card in this case?). Warp is standard filter of Adobe Premier Pro CC 2014. I may also use other filters, but they seem not affect the rendering time as drammatically as these two filters. At the same time, applying the image stabilization Warp filter takes huge time to initiate (i.e. after drop on a clip).

• 3. Re: GTX960 vs GTX750Ti
              Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

In my Premiere 8.2, I see under Effects/Distort/Warp Stabilizer that is GPU assisted.  Is that what you are using?

The GTX 960 does have slightly more CUDA cores than the GTX 750 Ti so in theory it should perform better and the GTX 960 is HDMI 2.0 compatible for future proofing

• 4. Re: GTX960 vs GTX750Ti
                RoninEdits Most Valuable Participant

adobe's warp stabilizer shows an accelerated icon, suggesting it uses gpu. however when i apply it to a clip, it doesn't even touch my gpu for the analyze it first does. so i dont see any gain for the gtx 960 in that one effect. as for the openCL denoiser II, many tend to stick with nvidia for cuda, there are many programs that just work better with it, and some only work with cuda.  depending on your footage and effects you apply the 750ti might be enough. its a good value if you find a 2gb card around $130.  the gtx 960 is over 50% faster, and is good value at just over $200... but may not help with performance if the extra power isn't needed.