• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does adobe Premier Pro support XAVC-S Codec?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Premier Pro (latest CC version) support XAVC-S Codec? If not, what software can I use to make it compatible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Hi RS,

Does Adobe Premier Pro (latest CC version) support XAVC-S Codec? If not, what software can I use to make it compatible?

Yes, support for XAVC-S was added in Premiere Pro CC.1 (7.1).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, did a quick google of this ... and whaddya know, over on the Sony site they've a nice long pdf on XAVC format, nature, using in-camera, and with various NLE's.

https://www.sony.ru/res/attachment/file/62/1237492960962.pdf

From page 25 of that pdf ... well, you can find it now and read it yourself I think ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XAVC-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually read the resource? The heading of that particular page is ...

"XAVC 4K/HD and XAVC-S with ADOBE"

That would seem to be inclusive of your footage?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is yes.

Can you upload a short clip for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any footage for testing. I ordered the Sony AX1 today. From the resource R. Neil Haugen provided it looks like Adobe may support it natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or if you don't mind to try some converters , then reload them into your premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converters means generation loss.

What is the point of having a NLE that works native...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even some nles say they support the foramt like xavc/xavc s natively, still during the loading progress, some unknow prolbmes happen.... For me , of course, I don't like convert my HD videos , buecause the quality loss (even you can't tell from your eyes) but if you have been driven crasy by this problem, then you may like to have a try....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, XAVC-S does work with the latest version of Premiere Pro.

I use a Sony AX-100 and an RX-10, and all the footage imports just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calagari.  Can I ask what specific sequence you use for that, and what is the bitrate of the footage you use?  And by any chance, do you if it's possible to use XAVC-S footage with AVCHD footage both on the same timeline?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Portpass1974,

When I'm editing 4K I use the New Sequence from Clip command, then Premiere creates a Red Cinema timeline sized to 3840x2160.

That footage is 60 Mbps.

When using XAVC S HD at 1080p, that footage is 50 Mbps, which I use in an AVCHD sequence. And yes, AVCHD and XAVC S work together just fine on the same timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calagari.  Thanks so much for your reponse.  I only asked since I'm thinking of buying the Sony a7II, which films at 50 Mbps, of course.  For output, I assume I can output that timeline in Media Encoder at, for example, 1080p and 16 mbps MP4 for YouTube or Vimeo?  Also, I assume that 50 Mbps video takes longer to render than 24 Mbps?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you certainly can export a 1080p MP4 file in Media Encoder for YouTube. And it does take a little longer to export 50 Mbps sequences, but not by too much. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Calagari,

does your answer means that if I want to import my XAVC-S HD video from my RX-10 I won't have any quality loss if I use the AVCHD mode when creating the new sequence?

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony AX- 100. I record in XAVC-S 4 K and a low resolution file. This because I can import 4K in Premiere but my computer is too slow show it real time. I edit the low resolution film 1280 x 720 on in a sequence of 1920 x 1080 and adapt all the files to the resolution of the timeline ( all Pal NTSC my be a little different) and when I am satified I simple change all the files for the high resolution one( by changing the name of the directory ) and export my movie for blue ray.

It would be nice if you could export it to Pro res for the Cinema but at my studio I cannot see 4 K in full resolution so it has no use ( yet).

I use a PC with Window 8.1 and Premiere Pro CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O yes the 4K footage is 3840 x 2160

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RS,

Yes, support for XAVC-S was added in Premiere Pro CC.1 (7.1).

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can XAVC-S be transcoded from Premiere Pro CC.1(7.1) to another finishing format like ProRes 422 or Avid DNxHD? Can Media Encoder do this? Thanks! This codec is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If PrPro can edit a codec, it can normally transcode from it to something else. As Kevin notes that PrPro can as of that "ish" edit it, it will also be able to transcode also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to play and transcode XAVC-S 1080p files without a problem in Premiere 6.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I have a question : when we use XAVC-S files, which one is the good editing mode to chose among the proposed modes?

I assume that one of these format is better for XAVC-S

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to install  xavc-s codec in premiere pro 2015. where  to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ts already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see any codec in the name of xavc-s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines