• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Question

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2007 Oct 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are thinking about upgrading from X5 to the most recent version (7). Any known problems or tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2007 Oct 23, 2007
Hi schvictor and welcome to the RH community.
I suggest that you wait for the official release, download the trial and thoroughly test it out using copies of some of your current X5 projects. Only then will you know for sure if there are issues with it. No one can really advise you on this as we don't know how you intend to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2007 Oct 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi schvictor and welcome to the RH community.
I suggest that you wait for the official release, download the trial and thoroughly test it out using copies of some of your current X5 projects. Only then will you know for sure if there are issues with it. No one can really advise you on this as we don't know how you intend to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,
Is there a trial available for v7? I haven't seen any.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is not available yet but it is expected within days. I suggest you install the trial on a PC other than your production machine. That avoids any issues with needing to uninstall it later should you decide not to upgrade for whatever reason.

Also make copies of your projects before you open them in RoboHelp 7 as the code will be rewritten on upgrade.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp