• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I keep the SP Structure and not launch Web Page only?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RoboHelp 11  and SP 2013 - publishing native SP output (Responsive HTML5) to a basic SP document library.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

I talked to Adobe about this and it is by design. I dropped the ball on this one.

You can add the Responsive output from RH to SP just fine. The file extension is aspx but the master page is not used.

The reason for this is as follows: The responsive output used media queries to determine the correct output view. Embedding it into SharePoint using master pages breaks the media queries. For Multiscreen HTML5, the device is determined by theoutput and there is no dynamic settings in the CSS. Therefo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid m5 can't post error!

Anyhow - all content is published successfully to SP library in native (aspx) format.

However, when I click the Index, the pages launch in full browser mode (without the SP navigation / banner wrapper).

Not sure if I need a special SP Master page. This is just a standard SP document library - and I do not have SP Designer privileges.

Are there some library settings that force content to show within library?

sharepoint_help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering my own question - this appears to be related to the bug noted by Willam van Weelden (thank you!).

I generated Responsive HTML, and it simply did not port over as an .aspx file (even though it had the correct extension). Viewing file source indicated it was DOCTYPE HTML - as noted by Willam in this forum post.

Not impressed if this bug has indeed been kicking around since October or earlier ... I thought that the SharePoint piece was a selling point.

Regards,

George Oakes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to Adobe about this and it is by design. I dropped the ball on this one.

You can add the Responsive output from RH to SP just fine. The file extension is aspx but the master page is not used.

The reason for this is as follows: The responsive output used media queries to determine the correct output view. Embedding it into SharePoint using master pages breaks the media queries. For Multiscreen HTML5, the device is determined by theoutput and there is no dynamic settings in the CSS. Therefore it can use master pages.

You can change the doctype for the ASPX headers and it should work. (You'll need a few more changes. Simply generate Multiscreen and apply the <% options in the index.aspx output file.)

A better solution might be the following:

1. Upload your Responsive help to Sharepoint.
  2. Add a page viewer Web Part..
  3. For the link of the web part, add the URL to the help system you uploaded in part one.
  4. Change the dimensions of the page viewer to optimize you help.

You can now use Responsive Help in SharePoint while showing the SharePoint context.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Willam,

Thank you for your help. I understand your response and it makes sense … I just wish Adobe was a little more clear on its limitations (or intended design, I guess). From looking at their video demo (which to be fair, was based on RH10, I think), what displayed at the end was NOT what I expected.

Not sure what a Page Viewer web part is (and whether I can add it to the library!), but a little googling and asking our SP administrator will get me the answer to that.

If I understand your other workaround, it is to generate both MScreen and Responsive HTML file output, manually copy the <% options from the mscreen index.aspx and paste into the appropriate location of the resp index.aspx, and it should be hunky-dory. If I can’t add a Page Viewer part, maybe I will try that (otherwise, just rely on the MultiScreen output).

Thanks,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp