• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Presenter but getting no where with a "fatal error" message on chrome, firefox and safari.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried disabling firewalls, plugins, allowed java script... oy!  any ideas?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused about your problem. Is the issue that you get a 'fatal error' when trying to download Presenter? The Presenter product doesn't install to any browser. It installs as a plug-in to PPT. Can you clarify what you are trying to do when you get the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Thanks for your help   I initially tried to down load Captivate, but was having difficulty, it wasn't downloading, I looked at the specifications on the adobe site and realized I don't have a DVD-ROM drive.  I thought maybe that was my issue.

Upon further research I realized that the Adobe product Presenter could also work for my project and didn't have the DVD ROM requirement so I tried downloading that from the website.

I began using Safari, when I clicked the "trial button", it took me to the download page, where I logged in with my Adobe login and hit download.  Immediately an Adobe dialog box opened up - and it looked like it began processing the download, however within 5-7 seconds the fatal error appeared.  I tried several more times with the same result. 

I googled the error message and was directed to the Adobe forum page, which was under construction but gave the advise to try the Adobe Twitter page.

Upon doing so, the agent who responded recomeended I try downloading from a different browser.  So, I did, I tried with Firefox and with Chrome, Both resulted in the same "fatal error" dialog box.

The agent recommended that i turn off firewalls, plugins, blocks etc... which, I tried... not sure if I did it right, but even so, got the same results and have been unable to download the trial.  Im not really that technically inclined to instinctively know what to turn off or on.... But I sure can follow directions   so, if you have an idea of how I could solve my issues
that would be amazing!  I was just going to log on to the Apple store to see if I could get an appointment with a genius to try to help me... but would love to save a trip out in the sub temperatures and use up my day!!!! 

.  I am using a Macbook Pro Retina, 15 inch (early 2013) with a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 of Memory, and Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB.

Thanks again so much for your time!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try this link, Akamai Download Manager and you should see the Akami download manager prompt. There is also a link to download the Captivate outside of the Akami tool, but I can't seem to get that to work (maybe because I'm not on a Mac at the moment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... the link opens up as completely black page with the adobe logo in the upper left hand corner..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked my applications, Akamai is installed in my aplications folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can run it. I assume you were at this page, https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=captivate, and seeing the error when trying to download from there. I may have another solution here shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that is where I started...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... went to the admin panel in the akamai folder and ran it... the message was that it was not installed (but there it was in my applications folder) or not running... so I uninstalled and would like to re-install but... when i google akamai download manager, I can navigate to the page but don't see a link to download....  weird right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources