• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download ADE updates

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADE 4.0.2.102973; each time I use it there is an update message. I can't get the update - the error is to check my connection or if a corporate setting to ensure proxy settings are enabled. My connection is fine and I'm an individual. How do I get the updates to download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can explicitly download the latest version of ADE from:

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Shreya. The "problem" I have though is that Adobe notifies me of updates to ADE but when I go to get the update, it won't download. I don't have a connection problem, and neither am I connected on a network. Although I can ignore the reminder notices to update ADE, I would prefer to download the updates. My question is then what do I need to look at on my computer that will allow the updates to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you are getting the error to check internet connection, possibly your internet speed is fluctuating and ADE is not able to fetch the new update. Please check the internet speed.

Firewall also may cause this problem.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connection and speed are not the problem. I'll look at my firewall next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No - firewall isn't the issue either I do have that open for ADE. Very strange problem. Thanks for your suggestions Shreya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines