Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player content debugger in Windows 8

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system version: Windows 8, 64-bit

Web browser and version: Internet Explorer 10, version 10.0.9200.17183, update version 10.0.23 (KB3008923)

(I am also using Google Chrome version 40.0.2214.115 m (64-bit) for surfing the internet but I gave you the Internet Explorer version too because flex will use the explorer)

Flash Player version: On Google Chrome: 16.0.0.305 (plus I see the animation), On Internet Explorer: Unclear

Hello,

I am a flex developer, and I'm trying to install Apache Flex SDK 4.14.0 to work with on my computer along with eclipse (on windows 8).

I am following the instructions here: http://apache.mivzakim.net/flex/4.14.0/README , and under the "SOFTWARE" part, in number * 4, I am instructed to install the Adobe Flash Player Content Debugger.

I need the developer's debugger version of flash player, so I downloaded it from here: Adobe Flash Player - Downloads under "Download the Flash Player for Windows 8 x64 debugger".

What was received was a file named "Windows8-RT-KB2777262-x64.msu". When I  clicked on it it did an update to windows that was supposed to get me the debug version of flash player.

Now when I go to this link: Flash Player Help and press on "Check Now" I see this:

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION

Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Internet Explorer

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Windows 8)

The flash player that was installed is NOT a debug version.

How do I install the debug version???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Hi Raya,

We are aware some issues with this help page and are working to resolve this so the correct information is reported.  No ETA at this time as to when this will be fixed.

If you go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates do you see an entry for "Debugger for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8" item listed?  If so, this indicates that the debugger version is installed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raya,

We are aware some issues with this help page and are working to resolve this so the correct information is reported.  No ETA at this time as to when this will be fixed.

If you go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates do you see an entry for "Debugger for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8" item listed?  If so, this indicates that the debugger version is installed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Debugger for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 is in the list.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines