Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License server communication error: E_ACT_NOT_READY

Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting the following message when trying to open an Adobe Epub book within ADE:  Error getting license.  License server communication Problem:  E_ACT_NOT_READY

Does anyone know what is causing the error message?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try installing the new ADE 2.0 and check if that helps.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem and i have a Mac ; does annyone have a solution for this error code (the error code is in ADE 2.0) ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem with ADE 2.0 on Mac (Mountain Lion). It ws working fine a few days ago and now I can't download books from our public library any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I'm having the same problem. No answer almost 3 years later!! Has Adobe stopped supporting Digital Edition for Mac users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I had the same problem. The way I fixed it is to unregister the software on my Mac, then add a protected eBook. It asked me to enter my authorisation credentials, which I did and the eBook added itself smoothly.

I haven't tried adding a second book yet, but at least I got the first one on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing the same error when I try to download an EPUB from my local library using Adobe Digital Editions on my Mac. I haven't experienced it before today.

I am running Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 on Mac OS X 10.9.5.

I already tried de-authorizing my Kobo and then reauthorizing it. That didn't fix the issue.

Please help.

Thank you,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really late, but I just installed the 3.0 version and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing 3.0 again but just got another error code "Activation Server error - code E_ADEPT_INTERNAL"

Why is Adobe so hopeless at answering these questions?  I'd do anything to avoid using Adobe if I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2015 Mar 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reason is simple, have you tried to download any cracked adobe product ? if yes then you have changed your host file to block adobe server

this is the only way for a crack to work

solution ? not sure, cause unblocking the server will cause your cracked software to fail. is it worth for you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having the same problem. On my new PC (Windows 8) it does not work with E_ACT_NOT_READY. At he very same time on my old PC (Win 7) I can open the document. Since I have to return the old PC to the company I work for, this is a serious problem for me.

DRM sucks!

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2015 Mar 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

success.  ADE 4.0 is to be avoided. It crashed after my solution.

The solution is trash the activation.dat preference file.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.

I reinstalled ADE 3.0 and life is good.

The Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

on yosemite was bogus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Will try again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac mini running 10.10.2  ADE 3.0.86137.  I use a NOOK, but I would be so surprised if the ereader difference was a factor.   The downloaded epub (acsm) files transfer to the nook without issue in my case.   Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't de-authorize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This dosn't work at my device (Android 5.0 ADE 4.5.126928).

I tried to erase authorization many times. That ist not possible. Message from ADE: "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time".

Then I erased the authorization localy and authorized again. At this time there is no Error Message. The authorization seems to be successfull, but when I try to open a book I got the Error E_ACT_NOT_READY.

I tried this cyrcle five or more times with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if this does not work,

has the answer :

" Details here: Gordon's Tech: The curse of DRM - can't read new book because Adobe E_ACT_NOT_READY.

In my case the workaround of "Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash" then relaunching the .ascm file allowed reauthorization.

The bug, in my case, is that Adobe didn't handle the use case of restoring from backup. Since authorization is device specific, I couldn't deauthorize because I wasn't using the original device. Deleting activation.dat allowed authorization as a new machine."@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Macbook Air, running Yosemite. I had this problem and did what was suggested - deleted the .dat file and reauthorized. The book I want is now showing up in ADE without error messages, but every time I try to transfer it to my Kobo, ADE crashes. Worked perfectly on my old PC; very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting E_ACT_NOT_READY using ADE 4.0.3.11....

Tried De-Authorizing the account, but ADE says "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try again after some time."

I can log into accounts.adobe.com just fine and nothing seems wrong there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

review solution I tried above.

Downgrade to ADE 3.0. With ADE not running, erase activation.dat file.  bring up ADE, re-authorize your computer.  Life should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac: Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After being unable to download books bought on Google Play via acsm, getting the E_ACT_NOT_READY error, I did as others have suggested and deleted the (hidden as derekdokoto  mentions). I then tried opening one of my Play acsm purchases and got this authorization screen:

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 12.15.52 PM.png

Previously I had used the default Adobe authorization, not realizing that you can put in credentials for the specific book vendor.

Rather than go through the trouble of entering my various logins, I chose to continue without authorizing, because I wanted just a couple of specific books to read while traveling:

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 12.16.32 PM.jpg

As an aside, my multiple attempts to download the books from Play resulted in their servers thinking I had reached the limit for the number of devices to which I could download, even though all the installations failed! I had to get Google Play support to reset my device limit, then all was well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get to users/library/ activate etc.  where is that found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe bug.

Details here: Gordon's Tech: The curse of DRM - can't read new book because Adobe E_ACT_NOT_READY.

In my case the workaround of "Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash" then relaunching the .ascm file allowed reauthorization.

The bug, in my case, is that Adobe didn't handle the use case of restoring from backup. Since authorization is device specific, I couldn't deauthorize because I wasn't using the original device. Deleting activation.dat allowed authorization as a new machine.

Adobe needs to add device deauthorization to the Adobe ID profile -- Google and Apple do this for the devices they track. They also need to fix the code so it handles the cause of a machine-specific authorization file on a new machine -- it should ask user if the old machine should be deauthorize, then request new machine specific authorization and  it should "explain" why the authorization is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines