• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some help with POI pls...

Oct 19, 2007 Oct 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently using POI to generate MS Excel documents from CF.

I believe it's a great tool because it gave me the possibility to export the data on different worksheets, etc.

Before using POI, I was just using only CF (see PART 1 in attached code).

The advantage was that I could display all 3 tables in 1 page and control their display using plain html.

The disadvantage was that, when the request was to display each product details on 1 separate worksheet, I was stuck!

And this is where using POI becomes interesting!

However, I've noticed that you can only export 1 query to the POI, and my question is:

Is there a way to pass more than 1 query to the POI, so that it displays in the same way as it would using CF (3 different blocks or tables)?

This is because, even though I have to separate each product on a separate worksheet, I still need to have the same display i.e. 1 table for the Overall, then a blank column (separator), 1 table for the "Entries", then a blank column as separator again, and then 1 table for the "Exits". (Forget about the names Overall, Entries and Exits, this is just an example. I only need to display 3 sections of data on the same sheet).

Now, since I don't know if this is possible or not, I have tried to work around the problem differently.

What I've done is to create 1 query (see PART 2 in attached code).

Now, here I've got a big problem, especially if I'm querying data since inception.

I'm using a MySQL 5.1 database properly partitioned on dates (yearly) and then properly indexed.

I'm currently using SQLYog Enterprise v5.21 as GUI tool for my database.

Here are my observations:
1. Querying the data in SQLYog itself takes miliseconds (around 47ms).
2. Querying the data via a cfquery takes seconds (around 6-7 seconds).
3. Looping through more than 50,000 records to create the myQry takes around 4-5 mins. If I test it on my PC, I even have to restart jrun!

Is there any better way to do the following?
1. Populate the myQry.
2. Display the data in 3 "blocks" on each sheet using POI.

Your help will be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks and regards,
Yogesh Mahadnac

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be very much grateful if someone could please show some consideration.

Thanks and regards,
Yogesh Mahadnac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YogeshM,

You could try modifying the CFC (ie add your own code). Do you need an example? Warning, the code sample is large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -==cfSearching==-

Many thanks for your reply.

At least I've got one now!

Indeed, I would be very much grateful if you could please provide me with an example, if possible, via email to mahadnac@superfund.com

Thanks and regards,
Yogesh Mahadnac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I'll try and post the code here first. If its too large, I'll email it to you instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example. Its barely tested 😉 Let me know if it didn't post okay or if you have questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the previous post. One of the functions was missing. In case it does not show up, here it is again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -==cfSearching==-

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I'll give it a try and let you know if there's anything.

Best regards,
Yogesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi YogeshM,

How did you make you make out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation