• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flashplayer Version 16.0.0.305 will not install on Firefox 36?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had upgraded to Firefox 36 and was watching a YouTube video using flash player. The video stopped so I reloaded the page and it stopped again, a warning popped up saying the I needed to upgrade the flash player. I knew I had already updated to Version 16.0.0.305. But it said I had version 11. I tried to update back to Version 16.0.0.305 but when it is installed it only installs Version 16.0.0.257. The Adobe site shows the latest version number to download but that is not what is reflects in the add-ons manager list in Firefox. I am trying to figure out if this is an Adobe Flash problem or a Firefox problem. Thanks if you have any information or have the same issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Ah, that explains it!  Please perform a clean install as described in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

→ https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry first time I have ever posted to this forum

windows 7 pro

firefox 36 as previously stated

flash player Version 16.0.0.257.  as previously stated

I had upgraded to Firefox 36 and was watching a YouTube video using flash player. The video stopped so I reloaded the page and it stopped again, a warning popped up saying the I needed to upgrade the flash player. I knew I had already updated to Version 16.0.0.305. But it said I had version 11. I tried to update back to Version 16.0.0.305 but when it is installed it only installs Version 16.0.0.257. The Adobe site shows the latest version number to download but that is not what is reflects in the add-ons manager list in Firefox. I am trying to figure out if this is an Adobe Flash problem or a Firefox problem. Thanks if you have any information or have the same issue. as previously stated

do not have a direct link

no error message

thank you for moving to the correct area. I tried contacting Adobe but was referred to this forum

not sure what else to do all I want is a way to place the most current flash player in my firefox browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox | Tools | Add-ons: what version does it show under Shockwave Flash ?

In Control Panel | Prgrams & Features: what Flash Player versions does it show as installed?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Firefox | Tools | Add-ons: what version does it show under Shockwave Flash ? 16.0.0.257

In Control Panel | Prgrams & Features: what Flash Player versions does it show as installed? Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX , Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

all files shown

Flash64 16_0_0_305  ocx

FlashUtil64 16_0_0_305  ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64 16_0_0_305  ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil64 16_0_0_305  Plugin.exe

NPSWF64 Flash64 16_0_0_305 .dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, one more question: what files do you have in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?  Anything that shows 16_0_0_257 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have

FlashPlayerPlugin_16_0_0_257 exe     dated 1-13-2015

I also have the
FlashPlayerPlugin_16_0_0_305 exe     dated 2-26-2015

NPSWF32_16_0_0_257.dll dated 1-13-2015

I also have the

NPSWF32_16_0_0_305.dll dated 2-26-2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that explains it!  Please perform a clean install as described in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it, thank you so much for sticking with me through this issue. I have it installed and it shows the current version. It works. I appreciate your patience with me. This should also fix the flash player crashes that I have been having for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines