• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Download - VIRUS FREE VERSION

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2015 Feb 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reinstall Adobe Flash Player for both IE 11 and Firefox. The download page is there and the program comes up, however it took an hour for the program to download only to fail. After that I tried again later and got the program to download, but could not install because it was a VIRUS that NORTON found. No matter what download link/page I visit, the same VIRUS version of Flash Player starts to download. Is there anyway around this so I can install a CLEAN version of Flash Player for my browsers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Don't believe anything that Norton says...

Anyway, it's always easier to use the offline installers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

Did you go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer or some other site?  If some other site, please provide the full URL.

If from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, what is the file name of the install file that was downloaded?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

The site I visited was Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

The file that was trying to download was install_flashplayer16x32_gtb_aaa_hid.exe

What made this odd is that I noticed the file that was trying to download was only 1.0 MB and took over an hour to come in. I though the servers might be busy so I tried again later. Sure enough, the file did download, however Norton picked it up as a Virus and removed it right away. Eventually I tried again later and a different filename showed up and was able to install Flash Player. Just not sure how I was trying to download one thing and wound up with another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I was cleaning up my computer and found the complete filename of the file that was being downloaded as the 1.0 MB update ---

install_flashplayer16x32ax_gtbd_chrd_dn_aaa_aih.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

That is a valid file name for one of the online installer files.  Norton has been known to flag valid files as suspicious if those files don't receive a certain number of downloads.  I suspect this is the case with this particular file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filename: install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.part
Threat name: SAPE.Heur.516d

Full Path: c:\users\...\downloads\install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.part

install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.part

Threat name: SAPE.Heur.516d
Locate

Very Few Users
Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released 8 days ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.part

File Actions

File: c:\users\...\downloads\ install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.part Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
0b32ab36eaea587b829195dc2f9c98bf58e626df75ab29751fd1b4557252ef3f
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will forward the info to the folks that handle the online installer, which is what you are downloading.  Do you have the latest Norton virus definitions installed?  Have you tried running a scan using MalwareBytes?  As mentioned previously, Norton is known to be overly aggressive and flag items if they don't enjoy a high number of downloads.  Many folks run MalwareBytes scan to double-check items found by anti-virus programs, especially Norton.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria - Yes, both Norton and MalwareBytes are up to date. When I tried to download the file again on the following day the installer did work right away without any problems from Norton or MalwareBytes. Flash is working once again for IE and Firebox. This situation was just very frustrating at the time and looks like a temporary issue with someone trying to hack the Adobe Download site to get people to download the virus file instead of the actual Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The filename posted earlier was the one that I was trying to download and install, but never happened because of the threat. Went back in History and found the information posted above... which  is what I found in NORTON as the actual file that was being downloaded from the same website location. Hopefully this information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't believe anything that Norton says...

Anyway, it's always easier to use the offline installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines