Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open Project

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Using RoboHelp X5 on Windows XP. From the local drive I am unable to open a project. Going through RoboHelp Starter or clicking the XPJ file, RoboHelp opens and essentially hangs at the Loading DB Info stage. When I verfiy the Task List, it indicates that RoboHelp is running, but the project does not open. Same problem occurs, when I attempt to open the project via the HHP file.

How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming it is just the one project that is giving this problem and that you can create new projects. If that is not the case, post back.

Are you opening via the HHP file after deleting the CPD and XPJ files or without deleting them?

Take a copy of your project before you go any further and then try that. See the article on my site about Opening Projects for the full story.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter,

Thanks for the advice. I think my problem is not deleting hte CPD file. I will try your suggestion and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp