• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi level lists inside drop-downs

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix/what is wrong with multi level lists inside drop-downs, inside drop-downs? (hope that makes sense!)

Basically, if you create a drop-down hotspot, then create another drop-down hotspot inside that and put a multi-level list inside it, the numbering for the list does not show up. I've checked the output HTML and it seems identical to a normal multi-level list (strangely RoboHelp uses P tags instead of LI/UL tags).

I'm using RoboHelp 8 by the way.

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropdowns within dropdowns have caused problems in the past. Rick Stone has often advised creating the content in the main topic and then pasting it into the dropdown. Maybe that trick will work here.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work i'm afraid - looking at the code view, it uses P tags (as i mentioned above) and RoboHelp's own "<?rh-list_start class="NumbLists" ?>" tag, so RoboHelp must interact with the page somehow and add the numbering/bullets in when you publish/preview.

Its clearly a bug, just not picking up the "<?rh-list_start class="NumbLists" ?>" tag inside dropdowns that are in dropdowns.

Anyone got any ideas, or will this just be added to the ever growing lists of things that annoy me in RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same so I think you will have to add it to your list but please follow this link and report the problem.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.  Did anyone ever find a workaround for this?  I am experiencing a similar problem when displaying content in Firefox. The first graphic represents my problem.  The second graphic represents the only work around I found.  It wasn't my favorite...Can you customize the regular numbered lists that are not the multilevel list style beyond what is built into RH9?

Graphic 1:  Multilevel List Style Applied Throughout (Problem)

how it looks.jpg

Graphic 2:  Multilevel List Applied in Topic Page and First Dropdown Only ("Sort-Of" Workaround)

how it looks2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, resurrecting this thread as it's the only one that addresses the same problem I'm having. I was happy to find it, but disappointed that it was never resolved.

I'm using RH10. I authored the content in the main topic, then cut/pasted sections into dropdowns. One dropdown has a nested dropdown with a multi-level numbered list. In the output, the numbers are not shown.

Anyone have recent experience with this since the original RH8/April 2012 posting? Or is the only option to use the non-multi-level list numbering?

Thanks,

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried it in RH11 and it's not working still. The workaround is to use regular lists.

Please file a bug with Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp