• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE is not opening my .ACSM files and not letting me DEAUTHORIZE

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to download an e-book from my university's library and am unable to open it on Digital Editions. I downloaded Abode Digital Editions as it was instructed to do so on my library website. So I downloaded the file and tried to open it on ADE but was met with "Error. Check Activation!" notification. After looking up online I tried everything from deauthorizing/reauthorizing, uninstalling, unblocking the files and downloading an older version and I restarted the computer too. 2.png3.png

Nothing worked so I kept searching. Many users kept insisting that Ctrl+Shift+D worked for them and so I gave it a go another time but unfortunately, I find myself am unable to deauthorize. Because every time I time my password it says "Unable to Erase Authorization.

1.png

Please try after some time." Please I really need some help because I don't want to fail and the textbook prices are sky high.

Please and thank you! -hugs-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem if anyone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well and the "help" doesn't help.  For some reason the program suddenly won't open .acsm files.  Yes, I have already checked to make sure file association is correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those who are using V 4.0.3 and are unable to de-authorize using the de-authorization window and keep getting the message , please try de-authorizing in the article mentioned in the below link:

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions 

(step 5 if using mac and step 8 if using win are the important steps)

Important Note: Please DO NOT follow the steps mentioned in the link if you have authorized your computer with multiple ID's and you don't remember all the passwords. Following the steps mentioned in the above link will de-authorize all authorized accounts on your computer. So, do not proceed if you don't remember the password(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem and had to manually deactivate as explained by agnivadebnath‌ above. Just went to Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions and manually deactivated by deleting the relevant info from the registry (there are similar instructions for mac users). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem after installing update to 4.0.3 !!!!!! By opening a acsm- file I am getting "Error! Check Activation". De-authorizing as described in articel "Error  E_AUTH_NOT_READY I Digital Edoitions" does not work. I also check file association and it is fine.

Update 11.03.2015: De-authorizing and new authorizing has been succesful. Everthing is fine!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option is to download and use Bluefire Reader instead. Its working ok with that program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of Mac alternatives to Bluefire Reader (or ones that can open .acsm files, since Adobe Digital Editions crashes anytime you try opening/transferring such a file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bluefire worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Mac:  Try deauthorizing and reauthoring. If you can't reauthorize, try this from SandeepP23073769:

May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines