• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

replace Show link with a button?

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to replace the Show link with a button? This is a nice-to-have, just want to know if it's more trouble than it's worth. Or can you tell me how/where the link is styled? Client would like it a little more obvious/intuitive (I've already changed the text to Show All Help Topics).

Thanks,

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, just reread - coffee hasn't yet kicked in - and you can't use that interface to change it to a button; just change the wording. But I'll leave the text in, in case it helps someone else who stumbles on this.

The bit that stands is "Where does the text appear and what output are you using?". Screenshots would probably be good, too.

--- Original Post ---

It's hard to know without knowing exactly where the text appears and what output you are using. But perhaps the LNG file would be the place to start.

File > Project Settings. Click Advanced.

The LNG File tab list a bunch of interface elements for different outputs and parts of Robohelp. Perhaps try the [Common] section first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm talking about the "Show" link that appears when you call a webhelp topic on its own, e.g. via CSH, to show the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you add a.whtbtnshow to your topic style sheet, you can style the Show hyperlink as a button.

You can also modify your topic template file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_skin\whst_topics.xml) to show a different link for the topics. But the template syntax is not documented, so that's not an easy way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp