• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked Files?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a Help and am trying to make changes to it. Everything in the Project File appears to be locked down. When I try to modify content, or delete logos/images, I get the following error:

To modify this document, the files in the list below must be writeable.

Any ideas how to unlock the Project File?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to verify is that your RoboHelp installation and the project itself is on your local workstation.

Next, you can check file attributes on the files in Windows Explorer to see if they are Read Only, and change them to Read / Write. Right-Click on any file or folder in Windows Explorer, and select Properties from the mouse menu. You will see and can change the current attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

To add to what lmarden offers, it's often the case that if you copy files from a read-only medium (such as CD-ROM) that the attributes of the copied files are also carried along and the files are then in a read-only state.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp