• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HMTL5 size changes when you click on TOC

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with my developer to implement CSH responsive HTML by calling topic URLs. He said this was working just fine when he initially consumed my files. Now that I've done an update, he says they are behaving differently. He's calling the topic within an iFrame and, when he does this for any topic other than the default topic, the topic displays, but he doesn't get the help framework (TOC, glossary, etc.). For example, his call is to this directory: !SSL!/Project/topic.htm

He says that he can call it like this !SSL!/Project/index.htm#t=topic.htm then the topic displays just fine, but the window resizes when he click the TOC or any of the buttons within the help framework. Perhaps Willam van Weelden can assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

RH 11.0.3 changed a lot. You can still call a topic, but it will redirect you to the start page of the project. In RH 11.0.3. Adobe introduced an iFrame to show topic contents where RoboHelp used to have completely separate pages.

The attributes for where the topic has to be opened is set in the scripts of the different widgets. For example in toctree.js, on line 338 and 345 the target is set for the TOC.

I'm surprised the option _self is giving you problems. I would expect that to work.

I think Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 11.0.4.291.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got all the latest RH patches for browser security installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for RoboHelp updates just an hour ago, so I believe so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My developer and I implemented per these instructions: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/context-sensitivity-multiscreenresponsive-html5.

I believe I've encountered a bug against version 11.0.4. Here's what I've found:

• You can no longer create a URL for a specific topic. If you do, the URL changes to include the start page (typically index.htm) as well as some additional characters to indicate the topic in your URL is the one to be displayed. Example: !SSL!/Project/index.htm#t=topic.htm
  • The start page now includes code to cause the TOC, glossary, index, and search buttons top open in a full-size window. This is a tag target="_top" on each of these buttons/actions. I've tried manually changing them in the output files to the other standard options (_parent, _self, and _blank), and I've also tried removing them entirely. Blank will cause it to open in a new window, and the others cause a sort of double-image with the topic embedded within itself.

I'll wait a day or two before I submit this as a bug. Please let me know if you see the same results or if you have additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 11.0.3 changed a lot. You can still call a topic, but it will redirect you to the start page of the project. In RH 11.0.3. Adobe introduced an iFrame to show topic contents where RoboHelp used to have completely separate pages.

The attributes for where the topic has to be opened is set in the scripts of the different widgets. For example in toctree.js, on line 338 and 345 the target is set for the TOC.

I'm surprised the option _self is giving you problems. I would expect that to work.

I think Adobe didn't consider it a scenario that Responsive help was to be opened in an iFrame. I recommend you file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam, thanks for the information! We want to display the help within our web app and leave the pane open unless the user closes it. Do you have another suggestion for how to do that without using an iFrame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, other than popups, new windows and iFrames, I don't see a way for this to work. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp