Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 No audio from Sony AVCHD

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I import AVCHD/mts from any files on my PC but there is no audio/sound, not even the audio 1 track has anything in it, the sound is simply not there??

I know FCPX needs my Sony files converting is this the case with CS6 now as cs5.5 works ok.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

I found the solution for this one!

If you can  deactivate Premiere - do it, if you can't - uninstall PP.

Delete content of SLStore, SLcache folders located in Library/Applecation support/Adobe

Delete  Library/Applecation support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/Cache/cache.db

reinstall

the same folders you can find in Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony HDR-CX520V camcorder (AVCHD) and have had the same issues with missing audio  (using the CS6 Production Premium trial). I get no audio in Premiere or After Effects (both report that the clips have no audio), but (literally) the same video clips load into previous CS versions (CS 5/5.5) with audio without any issues (and still do).

This Sony camcorder records AVCHD with 5.1 audio. Is the 5.1 somehow contributing to the problem?

I've seen a few other references to this issue, but no answers or solution...

Sadly, CS6 looked like a promising tax refund investment and the performance was nice, but this issue is easily a deal breaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you guys try adding an audio track of 5.1 to the timeline and then importing the video to the timeline? i dont have any of the sony HD cams, but that seems like a posible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... I seemed to have figured this one out on my end...

My latest camera imports were MTS for some reason, not M2TS as they usually are. CS5.5 reads the MTS without issue, buy CS6 will only read the audio when I rename the files from .MTS to .M2TS. Just changing the file extension fixed my audio problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok problem solved, the video files were on a different Harddrive and not C, I'd gone with scratch discs on the first splash screen set to default.

Fix : put MTS file on C drive and premiere works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remove xmp files in Stream folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. At once many AVCHD from a Panasonic are offline. Where is the stream folder that I can delet the XMP file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Sady Ans simple advice saved my day. Thanks.

(Still no idea why it didn't work before, the files were imported from one folder (filming day 2) WITH audio, and from the very next folder (filming day 3) only WITHOUT audio, no matter what I tried - both folders had been copied directly with the original structure from a Class 10 SC Card of a GH2, with a complete reformating of the card between the filming days. Both folders are stored (amongst many others) on an external harddisc (La Cie Rugged 1 TB, connected with Firewire 800).

Working device: Mac Bok Pro 3,1 , Mac OS X10.6.8 with Premiere Pro CS6, through Creative Cloud

Seems to be a Premiere problem, logging the files with Final Cut Express brought me audiotracks without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your tips are working , but still can't explain why some files imported audio and some others not at the same time .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming .mts to .m2ts worked for me.  Thanks!  So many dead-end fixes on the internet, but this worked in a second and forced the file to reconform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming didn't help... any other switches to throw to get MTS files to run on CS6 v6.0?

TY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming didn't help... any other switches to throw to get MTS files to run on CS6 v6.0?

TY!!!

Hi Mark,

Did you follow the steps from this post? Re: Premiere Pro CS6 No audio from Sony AVCHD

Did you reestablish activation for CS6 by choosing Help > Deactivate, restarting Premiere Pro, then choosing Help > Activate?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My "deactivate" is grayed out?

What does that mean?

m

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heey with what or how do you convert the video with good quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this didnt work for me; anyone else still stuck with audio loss of mts (and m2ts) files in CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work. I had tried everything in every forum and nothing worked. I finally uninstalled everything. Then downloaded a trial version and installed it. Then I opened the trial and registered.

So, if any of the above don't work. Install a trail then open the trial. Then register it.

What a pain though. But much relief that it works.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly how do you separate the Sony 5.1 audio track from the .MTS video?

TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution for this one!

If you can  deactivate Premiere - do it, if you can't - uninstall PP.

Delete content of SLStore, SLcache folders located in Library/Applecation support/Adobe

Delete  Library/Applecation support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/Cache/cache.db

reinstall

the same folders you can find in Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to also try: Help > Deactivate. Quit Premiere Pro. Then Help > Activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem but for after effectssumthin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and a google search shows many other have too for the last couple of years. I tried all the tips everyone has given and none worked for me. When I would import an .mts file only the video was there, no audio. As a work around I recoded the files with ffmpeg from .mts 60 fps to mp4 30 fps. The sound was fine on the imported mp4 files.

Today the problem was solved and I think I know what the problem was. I upgraded cs6 to version 6.03. When I did, and opened up a new project, I had five times as many presets to choose from. One of them was AVCHD and had choices for 1280x720 with frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 50 and 60. I picked 60 and the .mts file worked great with no recoding needed.

I think what the problem may be is that unless you pick the correct preset, .mts files have no audio, and I didn't get all the presets when I first installed version 6.0. With the upgrade to version 6.03 all the presets were there and the problem seemed to be solved.

Another strange thing I just now noticed is that the above preset does not pick up audio on an mp4 file with a 48,000 sample rate but a Mpeg Audio Layer codec. The mp4 files with the 48,000 Mpeg AAC audio codec work fine, as now do the .mts files with an A52Audio aka AC3 codec. Using the cs6 File tab/Get Properties/file choice, the files that don't get audio don't  show any audio properties. So if using the cs6 properties choice doesn't show any audio information you don't get audio on that clip in cs6. Naturally all these codecs work fine in Windows media player, VLC player, etc. but CS6 reads some but not others. I don't know if there is a preset that will read the Mpeg Audio layer codec, but since it was just a test clip I don't want to go through a bunch of presets to find out. Incidentally, the VLC media player is what I used to show all the audio and video codec information, bitrate, etc. for all the different clips. I also noticed that if cs6 doesn't recognize the audio portion of a video clip, then the Adobe media encoder won't see it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks I’ll try something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good workflow is to make sure you copy the entire folder structure from memory card to hard drive. Do not use Sony conversion utility software. Then in Premiere, import using the Media Browser, NOT "file > import". Media Browser will access the metadata to better understand and interpret the files you are importing, especially when sometimes audio and video might be in different folders.

I don't know that this has any bearing on the issue being discussed, but is good practice for any tapeless format.

Also, in Premiere Preferences, you may wish to turn off "Write XMP Data", as this seems to change some info when importing files and many editors prefer that stuff to be left alone.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a MUCH BETTER way to fix this. 

1.  Click on your clip with missing audio and select "Reveal in Finder"

2.  In Finder, duplicate the clip.

3.  Rename the clip whatever you want and change the extension to .m2ts

4.  Right Click your Clip and select "Show in Project"

5.  Right Click your clip in the project and choose "Make Offline"

6.  Right click your clip in the project again and chookse "Link"

7.  Link the duplicated M2TS file.

8.  Profit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines