• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF builder 3 coldfusion search

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Coldfusion search in CF Builder 3 and it does not work for me. More to that Is not event listed as an option Under Search top menu

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the free “Express” edition, which is what the trial reverts to after 60 days if no license is entered? I do believe that among many things the free/Express edition removes is the CF search (but you still have the Edit>Find and Search>Search). You should also have been informed when you open CFB if it’s running in the “express” mode.

Let us know what you find.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get any messages. And I just purchased an upgrade license for CFB 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying “just purchased, installed the license, restarted CFB, and still I do not see it?”

I have to admit I don’t have anything but the express edition on the machine I’m on at the moment. Perhaps someone else can confirm if the cf search feature had changed in CFB3 in a way that reflects what you’re seeing.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing is I can make coldfusion search show up by clicking the hot key but not on the menu, but even if I have Search show up is not doing anything for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get an answer about this?

We just installed (and bought a license for) CF Builder 2016 (3.1) and ColdFusion Search, a vital feature, is entirely missing.  I've also noticed that the tag inspector is missing.

I'm currently awaiting a response from Adobe support, but my guess is they're going to say that the features was simply removed, despite them both still being documented in their help files.

If this is the case, we will not be purchasing the additional licenses were planning to use, and will have to look for another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation