• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 6 crashes during generating process

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting please forgive anything I might do incorrectly.

I attempted to open a RH 5 project from a different machine that I copied to my local drive. I received some sort of database error message and after contacting another RH developer here they suggested that I rename or delete the existing CPD file, which I renamed. The project opened successfully afterward and I was able to make multiple updates and add additional pages within the project. The second problem occurred when I attempted to generate the project to view it in the skin... However RH crashs during the Updating Files portion or generating.

After reading multiple postings here I tried first to rename the CPD and XPJ and open the project using the HHP... Unfortunately the result was still the same. Additionally I tried snippet 71 from Peter Grainge's snippet section thinking possibly that might help as I believe there was a build expression, not sure about that though. The results were the same however.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

ML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

First you can check whether the build expression could be relevant by trying to generate without using a build expression. If it still does not work, we can rule that out.

How did you copy the project? Best to zip it up, move the zip and then unzip.

After that, create a new project with a couple of new topics and try to generate from that. Does that work OK?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. You have a plethera of knowledge on your site and I appreciate all that you are doing.

Build expression is now set to none, that didn't work. Additionally I am not having any problems publishing other projects. i believe it might be the network transfer as I did transfer from 1 pc to another without zipping it. I will try zipping the orig and see if I can generate with that. Unfortunately I have to leave for the night.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2007 Oct 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately zipping then transferring the file and unzipping still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2007 Oct 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It could be then that the network copy got corrupted because it was there.

See the instructions on my site for Opening Projects and try deleting the CPD and XPJ files in the local copy. Then reopen and see what happens.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp