• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11: Exclude this topic from search not working

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected the Exclude this topic from Search checkbox for a specific topic and generated a new CHM file. But when searching for a specific word, the topic appears in the search results. Is there a bug with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Nope, it's really not a bug. Unfortunately it's working as designed. This feature doesn't work for CHM output. The thing is, there is no way for RoboHelp to know you are going to output CHM. And since it would work in other outputs, well...

However, I would still encourage you to report it to Adobe. Maybe they could update the dialog with a note advising it won't apply to CHM format.

Click here to visit the bug report

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it sounds like a bug to me. What difference does it make which output I'm generating? Adding a note to the dialog box sounds like the lazy way out. But thanks for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to remember that when creating CHM output, control leaves the RoboHelp realm and enters the Microsoft realm as RoboHelp simply hands control to the Microsoft HTML Help compiler. At that point, you are in Microsoft world where this functionality never existed.

If you are determined, I believe there *IS* a way to coax a topic to become unsearchable inside a CHM file. And that's why I suggested the bug report. I think you can probably delete the topic from your topics in RoboHelp (but don't delete the references) then add the topic as a baggage file. And that may work. to do it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp