• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WYSIWYG Editor Missing from RoboHelp 5

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2007 Oct 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Vista and am fully aware that RoboHelp 5 & Vista do not like each other. However, my RoboHelp 5 was working fine until yesterday when the WYSIWYG Editor disappeared. When I try to edit a page in WYSIWYG, IE 7 opens the page instead. When I open RoboHelp, I get an error stating that Component 4 cannot load. I am figuring that Component 4 is the WYSIWYG Editor. I've already tried reinstalling RoboHelp 5 to no avail. Any suggestions? I hope someone can help!

-Kelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly. It looks like IE7 has been made your default editor in the HTML Editors tab of your Tools > Options menu item. Go back in, if you can and set the WYSIWYG to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum, I have unfortunately tried that several times. I sure wish it made that much sense! Any other ideas? I just don't understand why it suddenly stopped working. I see that others are having this issue as well but there are no "fixes" as far as I can tell. Please let me know if you have another idea. I can't stand editing everyhting in Truecode.

Thanks,
Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the obvious answer may be to stop using Vista or upgrade to RH7. Have you tried using IE6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched these forums for Component 4. There have been a number of posts about this issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am happy to see that the RoboHelp 7 trial has been posted! I hope this fixes all of my Vista incompatiblilies (at least with RoboHelp).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp