Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get out of memory error when linking Frame doc to RoboHelp project

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to TC Suite 5.

Now I'm trying to link FrameMaker files to my RoboHelp project. The FrameMaker files are from a document that was done in Frame 9 (TC Suite 3.5) and now has been converted to Frame 11. It's working fine in Frame 11. No errors when opening any of the files in Frame 11.

I created a new project in RH 11 and tried linking the FM files to it. Some work, but some bring on an Out of Memory message. Interestingly, one file that is 68MB worked fine, one file that's only 58MB brings that message.

I'm going to try using an Externalize Graphics addon that worked well with the old Frame--I can only hope it works with FM 11 now.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, and any solutions besides externalizing the graphics and trying to reduce the file size?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you import the FM files instead of linking? And did linking work with RH9 from the TCS 3.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was finally able to get the files to work by opening and saving in FrameMaker numerous times.

Re: your questions. . . I did not try importing directly. I linked and then generated. Yes, the linking did work with RH9 from the TCS 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp