• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reinstall flash player in Windows 8.1? It was uninstalled by mistake.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I reinstall flash player in Windows 8.1? It was uninstalled by mistake.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Thank you for all of your help. Nothing concerning the Flash Player is causing my problem. I'm still having problems watching online movies. I guess it must be my internet connection, that was one of the other problems I had read about. Any suggestions concerning that?

God Bless America!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

Are you referring to the version of Flash Player that is embedded in Internet Explorer (and updated via Internet Explorer updates), or one that you installed manually for non-IE browsers?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you are talking about. Here's Why & what I did. 1st, I was having trouble watching movies online without them stopping/starting & being out of sync. I did some research, some of which said to remove Flash Player & then reinstall it. I had no idea I could not reinstall the player. 2nd, I went into the list of programs in my computer & simply highlighted the Adobe Flash Player & then uninstalled it. Does that help?

Another question, is Shockwave Flash Object located in the Manage Add-On area the same thing?

God Bless America!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

Since the embedded version of Flash Player is a component of Internet Explorer it's not listed in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs list.  You must've had the plugin version of Flash Player (for Firefox and such) installed, which would've been what you uninstalled.

Yes, 'Shockwave Flash Object' in Manage Add-Ons is Flash Player.

If you're having problems viewing Flash content on Windows 8.1 w/IE, please see the following for assistance:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your help. Nothing concerning the Flash Player is causing my problem. I'm still having problems watching online movies. I guess it must be my internet connection, that was one of the other problems I had read about. Any suggestions concerning that?

God Bless America!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exactly means "having problems"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines