• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsucessful uninstall of flash player

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the uninstaller and followed all the spec and flash player is still on my system. Suggestions? Also, when I check to see if the flash player is on here or not, it tells me that I have it installed by a 3rd party already. Need to get it all uninstalled so I can do a clean install, cause when I play games in Facebook, etc., it tells me that I need to have an updated flash player. HELP!!! I an NOT a computer geek

I have IE 11 on Windows 8.1 (it's a Dell!)

Thanks,

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and updates are distributed via Internet Explorer updates.  Flash Player uninstaller does NOT uninstall the embedded version, and there is no way for you to uninstall the embedded version, short of getting some file unlocker software, unlocking the locked ActiveX control file, and essentially messing up your system.  Microsoft does not support this and per my understanding there is no way to re-install IE and Flash Player for IE it if you brute force uninstall in this manner.

If you're having problems viewing Flash content on Windows 8.1 w/IE, please see the following for assistance:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Maria! I just reformatted the system, hopefully that helps the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines