• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Lags After I Render It

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I open up the video that I finished rendering, it is choppy and stutters every 2 seconds. I can't figure why. I just bought After Effects today and I have no idea how it works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

See this FAQ entry for more details about Rick's answer:

FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

Start here to learn After Effects:

http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The default rendering is lossless which was never designed for playback. After Effects is a tremendously complex application with nearly endless possibilities and you can't just jump in and start using it without spending a little a little time learning the basics.

How to add effects and motion graphics in After Effects | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

The third section is on rendering and it's just the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this FAQ entry for more details about Rick's answer:

FAQ: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

Start here to learn After Effects:

http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've did some research on what you said about how the video wasn't meant for playback. I downloaded the Adobe Encoder, could I use that to compress the files to where they can be used for playback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Adobe Media Encoder is the right choice for creating many kinds of movies for playback, as discussed in one of the resources that we linked to above:

FAQ: What is the best format for rendering and exporting from After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines