Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error:check activation

Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting error:check activation when i try to download file for a book on Google Play@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To correct this issue, Digital Editions will need to reset the software authorization.

To de-authorize Digital Editions:  Open Digital Editions.  Next, press and hold the Control and shift keys while also pressing the letter 'D' on your Keyboard. Follow the on-screen prompts to erase the current authorization.

To re-authorize Digital Editions with the correct Vendor ID:  Open Digital Editions.  Next, click ‘Help’, then 'Authorize Computer'.  Select the appropriate eBook vendor from the Vendor ID drop box, and enter your info to associate Digital Editions with the same Vendor ID that was used initially.

After completing these steps re-attempt to download your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you very much. They did not seem to know the workaround at Google. By the way, I am using 3.0. Will it work in 4.0 and should I upgrade to 4.0? I am cc: Ada at Google also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the old adage - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It doesn't sound as though you really need to upgrade your current installation right now.

I've personally observed a few stability issues with 4.0 across the major platforms... I have it installed alongside the older versions, but I primarily use 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what does one do if they've forgotten the authorization password.  Reinstalling the program doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines