• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 - Imported RH 6 project, misc. topics appear blank after generating

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2007 Oct 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed RH 7 and selected open a project and opened a RH 6 project. After the project opened and I went to generate the layout it produced a blank web page for the Home/index page. The topic is selected in the properties to open, I can open it in RH7 design mode and see it. I viewed the source code from the blank page and it is only partially there.

Does anyone have any info that could help?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

ML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2007 Oct 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Narrow it down.

Find or create another project.

Same problem?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it hasn't happen with other projects. The page that it is happening on has rollover image links created in fireworks and then dreamweaver and CSS navigation, however, the CSS appears on other pages fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-ML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we assume this problem is RH7 specific and the page worked OK in RH6?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to get assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say some of the source code is in the output file.

Is there anything unusual about the source code in the project file, at or just past the point at which the output file ends?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing unusual, I think. It stops after the </style>.

And omits everything beiginning:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whmsg.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whver.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whproxy.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whutils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whtopic.js"></script>
</head>

Then the html calls to preload the images and start a marquee.

Nothing fancy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, in my last post I meant to say I was TRYING to get assistance, rather than telling you to TRY to get assistance.

Harvey asked you about source code. What you have posted is from the output file. You are trying to open a source topic in the project and not a topic in the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. Not sure exactly what your question was. When I generate the layout, the page comes up blank within its frame with the other frames showing up. Viewing the source from the blank frame page that is generated brings me up until the </style>.

Looking at the source from within the project, the scripts then begin. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the output file omits the scripts that are listed, by definition they are in your source file. In RH go to the true code view of this topic. Confirm that those lines are there.

If they are, they should not be and that could be the cause of your problems. Those scripts should only appear in the output, never in the source.

Create a new topic and make that the default. Create a link to this problem topic and then generate. I think then the project will open OK. Click the link and see what happens.

Also have you looked in the Output results for clues? (View | Output)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, how did you import this project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now and then I insert an image rollover popup -- no click, just hover the cursor.

The script should be in the < head> ....... </head> section of the source code. In the body, the < img .... > tag needs some special coding to refer to the script.

If I can find the reference to the script I used, I'll post later.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think I shouldn't have said "source code" when referring to the .htm output file, because it can be misunderstood in the context of RH project (source) files, which contain "truecode" -- just another name for HTMLsource code in the project file.

So let's think about output file code and project source file code.

Looking back in my RH source files, I insert the script immediately before the < /head> tag. RH already has put meta tags after the < title > .... < /title>. Don't put anything before the meta tags.

The sample I took from the Web uses opening and closing tags like this:

<script><!--

etc. etc. etc.

//--></script>
< /head >

In the output file, RH adds a lot of meta tags, scripts, class definitions, and so on, but , as Peter correctly notes, this stuff:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whmsg.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whver.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whproxy.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whutils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whtopic.js"></script>

belongs in the output file only, never in the project source file.

If your source file has these scripts, probably it's because you imported an output file from another project into the current RH project.

I hope this is relevant to your problem.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp