• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is duplex option greyed out on my Mac, but not my PC?

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch on Duplex printing from the print Booklet command on my Mac. If I move the files over to a PC, I can make it work.

From the PC I go Print Booklet-->Print Settings-->Setup -->click the Preferences button and finally I'm in the Printing Shortcuts tab to enable Two-side (Duplex) printing. That works.

But on the Mac I go to Print Booklet-->Print Settings-->Setup-->Printer Choose Layout and the Duplex option is Greyed out.

Since I'm building the book product on my Mac, I need to be able to do the whole workflow from the Mac.

I'm in InDesign CC on both machines and printing to an HP Color Laserjet 5550 PCL 5.

This seems like maybe a driver issue on the Mac, but I just don't know what else to try.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

The answer to my original question was this:

On the Mac i had not checked on this Duplex Printing Unit from the main print settings. This was not accessible form the print menus, I had to go into the System Preferences on the mac.

duplex setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that you should update your printer driver.

BTW. Let the printer do the imposing, don't do it yourself. If you need to print at home, use the print booklet feature in Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Print Booklet command in ID.

How do you print booklet from Acrobat? I have not seen that, always done it from ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is found in the pront dialog as an option.

Problem with the print booklet is that you use postscript. But postscript should be avoided: no eps, no pdf via print or distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to my original question was this:

On the Mac i had not checked on this Duplex Printing Unit from the main print settings. This was not accessible form the print menus, I had to go into the System Preferences on the mac.

duplex setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines