• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long can a Captivate recording be?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to record a call between a guide and a member and some of them last awhile so I was wondering how long a recording will go before Captivate cuts it off?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Hi there

Are you recording in Video Demo mode? If so, I'm going to guess that your individual machine resources will dictate that. Likely more than an hour I'm guessing. Basically it simply records into a temp area until you finalize the recording.

Note too that the overall size will also depend on the dimensions of the recording area. A smaller area results in a smaller file which then translates to a longer recording ability.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you recording in Video Demo mode? If so, I'm going to guess that your individual machine resources will dictate that. Likely more than an hour I'm guessing. Basically it simply records into a temp area until you finalize the recording.

Note too that the overall size will also depend on the dimensions of the recording area. A smaller area results in a smaller file which then translates to a longer recording ability.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and it will also depend on available hard drive space. If you are cramped for hard drive space you won't be able to record very long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources