• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Exploer 11 suddenly isn't showing my Table of Contents or Index for RoboHelp 10 output

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated a WebHelp project with Adobe RoboHelp 10 last November. I had no problems with the TOC or index. Whenever I try to view output today, IE won't show the left pane with the list of topics in the Table of Contents. It also doesn't show index tags. I have no problem viewing this same output in Mozilla Firefox. I just set Firefox to be my default browser b/c it is so frustrating that I can't immediately view changes to my help project. Has anyone else experienced issues with IE 11? I even cleared cookies and the cache, and I still can't see my TOC and index. This never happened before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are a number of issues with IE11 – make sure that you are completely patched up and regenerate again after that. There may be some tweaking you have to do depending on where the help is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. That's good to know. I'm glad my help file isn't corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE11 messed us all up – my “local” WebHelp (on a LAN server) now has to be added as a “Trusted Site” to work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'll inform my colleagues about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to the forums I have found useful patches for RoboHelp 10 (sample links are below). I find that even after installing the latest AdobePatchInstaller.exe fix for RoboHelp 10 that I have to overwrite the whutil.js file in my !SSL! WebHelp_PRO output folder every single time I need to check changes in my output in the browser. I just want to confirm that there is no better workaround than manually copying whutil.js every time I generate my output to check it. Thanks.

RoboHelp Patches and Updates | WvanWeelden.eu

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-output-issues-firefox-35.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating help to be used with RoboHelp Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just for IE and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s the browsers you’re using – if you’re NOT hosting the help on a RH Server, then DON’T use the “Pro” flavours – they have “special sauce” in them to work with RH Server. Just generate WebHelp; then the fixes should be present in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock\ folder so that you don’t have to keep copying them into your output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this same issue.  When generating RH 10 output locally (from my c:\ drive) using IE 11, my TOC and Index do not display.  I was getting the Allow Active X message, but even when I said Allow, the TOC still didn't display.  I have downloaded the "fix" supplied by Adobe, made sure I do not have MoTW checked when generating, and have checked the "Allow Active Content" boxes in IE Options > Advanced > Security. It still does not work.  I no longer receive the Allow Active X message, but my TOC and Index still do not display.  Does anyone know what else I might do to fix this?  Is upgrading to RH 11 the only solution and will that even fix it, as I've read on this forum someone did that and it didn't work. Oh, and yes I rebooted.  🙂  Thank you, Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would indicate that your RH10 installation is not yet fully patched with the fixes for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. It is probably an unpatched version. But there are also several patches available that you will have to install manually. Please see this page for a description and download links: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did apply the patches but it did not fix it.  I did some more research and found out I had to manually replace the "whutils.js" script file (which I think I got from the patch itself?) into the Output folder after each time I generated the Help.  This fixed the problem.  As this is not very convenient, I requested the latest version of RH and now am happy to report I am now using RH 2015 and no longer have this problem.  When I generate output, the TOC and Search, etc. are all viewable in any of the latest browsers and work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have just replaced the “factory” version in your c:\program files\ RH folder to be used in the creation of the help output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh ok.  I didn't know that.  I just advised someone else on this issue.  I better him let him know this, too!  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp