• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message- The parameter is incorrect

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic properties is accessed and error code "The Parameter is incorrect", hit OK, gets me to Properties but will not access template and style sheet (lets me access one or the other.) I think this happened when I accidently hit Generate PDF in the title bar by mistake........at least I hit that and this what I got. I need to get this error off so I can access style sheet and template at same time. I get this error on ALL topics when I try to access PROPERTIES.
TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

See Snippets on my site. Look for The Parameter is Incorrect.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter.....looked at site under snippets....... said........"So just close your project, use Windows Explorer to delete the PSS file" ....not following you, how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows Explorer locate the project. In the root you will find a file with the extension PSS.

Simply highlight it and delete the file by pressing the Delete key.

If in doubt, take a copy of your project first.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the "parameter is incorrect" message under a completely different set of circumstances. I opened my project and clicked the PDF button at the top (accidentally -- meant to launch the latest version of the help rather than generate PDF). Anyway, PDF was generated successfully so I opened it. When I went back to the RoboHelp window, I tried to right-click Printed Documentation under Single Source (because I was going to tweak some settings) and the dreaded "The parameter is incorrect." error popped up. I cannot close the error box or do ANYTHING else in RoboHelp. I guess I'm going to have to kill the process???? This is really ugly...

And I did see the "snipped" about deleting the PSS file. But I assume I need to exit RoboHelp first?

kc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes close it down by any means. I would suggest a reboot too to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's a moot point. RoboHelp crashed and burned after I clicked OK in the "parameter is incorrect" message box about 10 times.

Deleted the PSS file and restarted RoboHelp. So far, so good, but I haven't touched any of the Printed Documentation features since.

Peter -- your site is great! Very organized and easy to find things. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

kc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp