• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIN bold font not recognized

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign (in realtà tutti i programmi Adobe CC ) non riconosce il font ttf DIN bold pur essendo installato nel sistema Window 7.

Altri programmi riconoscono il font.

Aprendo Indesign il font viene trovato (menu Trova font), ma non è reso disponibile nel menu dei font.

Sono installati e riconosciuti gli altri font ttf : DINRegular, DIN Light, DIN Black.

------------------------------------

Adobe Indesign (all Adobe CC programs) does not recognize the font ttf DIN bold, even though it is installed on Window 7.

Other programs recognize the font.
Opening an Indesign document, the font is found on "Find font" menu, but it is not available in font menu.

Are installed and recognized the other fonts ttf: DINRegular, DIN Light, DIN Black.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Hi katzelmacher,

after a lot of time, I solved it by bought FF DIN OT 1 (6 Styles) from FontShop by Monotype GmbH.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by closing all Adobe applications and deleting all adobefnt*.lst files where * is a 2-digit number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DIN Bold is still missing on Indesign menu, but removed from Find font.

Actual:

screen.jpg

Previous

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing Din Bold is T1, not TTF, so there is, or was a second version installed at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the problematic font is not, as you mentioned a TTF font, it is a T1 font. I suspect that you have any working bold font on your system, can you upgrade to OTF fonts, which would solve your problem?

(Italians love German Traffic Signs so much, that they use the font for their prints?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DIN Bold font is ttf, see attached.

DINRegular, DIN Light and DIN Black are also installed and work correctly.

Document is made by a german Agency (on Indesign for mac) I open it on Windows.

Screen2.JPGScreen3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a DIN Bold ttf font installed, but that is NOT the font that was used in the document. The one in the doc is a T1, and that's why it is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document comes from Mac. Mac uses different fonts, opening the document the program recognize not installed fonts and mark it. By using the table .. the user can replace missing fonts with others.

I try to replace DIN bold (T1) with DIN bold (ttf), but it is not available on the list inspite it is on PC.

As you can see on the images there are other T1 fonts T1 not found, all can be replaced by ttf fonts with success exept DIN Bold.

screen.JPG

Screen2.JPG

Screen3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the previous screen capture There are two DIN Bold fonts listed, and one shows an Acrobat icon rather than the font icon (but it looks to me like that's the one for which you are showing the property sheet). I think your fonts are seriously messed up on that PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that screen is the download folder contents, acrobat file is conversion of font preview page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a font listing for Din Bold as a family? I see the Black was listed separately above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, on Font Control Panel DIN Bold is inside DIN family: DIN = Normale (=Regular), Nero (=Black), Leggero (=Light), Grassetto (=Bold)

Adobe programs recognize Din Black as separated family but does not show DIN-Bold.

Cattura.JPG

Senza titolo-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it appear in the font list for Photoshop or Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it not appear in Photoshop and Illustrator, appears instead in Word, Excel, Power point, Corel, ecc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try deleting the adobefnt*.lst files again, but only those where * is a 2-digit number. You can also try re-installing the font from the original media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. The problem remains!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall the font?

My guess is there's a problem with the font itself (Adobe programs, and ID in particular, are pickier about fonts than most applications). You can try putting a copy of the font into ID's privbate fonts folder, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reinstal .

"You can try putting a copy of the font into ID's privbate fonts folder, too.": done but nothing change.

Cattura.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close InDesign, delete the adobefnt*.lst files again, and reboot. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt solve the problem. Thanks for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that my DIN Next CYR fonts were not named properly inside the font and I had to edit the internal names to get applications to show all the variants properly--or at all. My guess is that this is the same issue with your versions. Without seeing the fonts I wouldn't know for certain.

Try contacting the source of the fonts. that said, I did contact them and never got a reply.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below font properties, it is silimilar to others DIN fonts (Regular, Black and Light)

Cattura.JPGCattura1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows font properties dialog isn't that much use. I am not saying your font is mis-named internally, but it sounds like it.

In the screen shot below, I fixed this open source font for another person today. The fields highlighted in red are the important ones and mainly the top two.

capture-002880.png

Without using a font editor or other tool you may not be able to see if this is the issue or not. But after reading through this thread today, with all that you have tried, I would reckon the internal naming is mucked up.

There is one other possible solution and that is to delete the Windows font cache and reboot. It can become corrupted, but it is a rare thing. It's happened to me, but I chalked it up to my font designing and swapping out versions constantly.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows no possibilities to change properties as shown.

Deleted the cache and reboot, no corruption but also it not solve problem.

tks for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an older problem.  But I am also having troubles with DIN Bold.  Is there a free font editor you would suggest so that I could go in and take a look at the identification.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines