• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have windows 8.1 64 bit and i am trying to update my flash player but it just says this update is not applicable, what do i do?

Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any ideas on what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Hi Nathan,

As of Windows 8 release, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  The only way to update Flash Player on IE is to update IE using Windows update or use the links in the help page posted by Pat.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to install Flash Player for Internet Explorer?  See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

As of Windows 8 release, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  The only way to update Flash Player on IE is to update IE using Windows update or use the links in the help page posted by Pat.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your help I have now solved the problem.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas is correct, the updates are now part of IE. One trick though is sometimes you will still have trouble due to an IE setting preventing it from working. I'd suggest resetting IE to defaults to fix incase it still isn't working after updates. Go to Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset. Once reset, close and re-open IE, then see if Flash is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines