• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Web Help Projects

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple Web Help Projects that I want to convert to one HTML Project so that there is only one project to manage. I don't want to link from a master project, I want it all embedded in the one projectso that I end up with one .xpj Help file. It is easy enough to import one but not the 5 that I have. I want all the map files for each hpj project to be imported as well. Is there a simple method for this? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

How many topics are you talking about in total?

Are there links between the projects?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the welcome & quick reply.
The combined topic total is 268.
There are links between all projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the small number of topics, it would seem easier to have one project provided you can get the layouts you need.

The problem is that the CPD for the all in one project has to know about all the topics and to do that, you have to import them. There aren't many and you can import all the topics in a folder in one go so it shouldn't take that long.

Your cross project links will be broken so you'll have an exercise on fixing that.

The map files can probably be manually merged in Notepad or similar. Similarly with the TOC and Index files.

Take a copy of the project and run some tests. It will need some tweaking. Only you can decide whether it is worth the effort.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you to you both Peter & Colum. This was pretty much what I expected so it is good to have it confirmed & to have received your tips, although I suspect I have some work ahead of me.
Also, I'm impressed with the forum & will be back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Peter's excellent advice, you could just import the various map files into your project which would avoid having to merge them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a further thought to my previous post, if you have identical mapids in the slave projects you would have to merge them. Personally it is always best to add a prefix to mapids - available in the mapid options - when using merged projects and CSH. This gets around any duplication provided you don't use the same prefix twice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp